Nursing moms

Options
2»

Replies

• amandaahouse
    amandaahouse Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm ebf my almost 4.5 month old son, I'm already at my pre-pregncacy weight but would like to lose about 20 more pounds. I seem to fluctuate about a few pounds but nothing major and right now I'm mostly interested in making sure I'm getting enough calories but not too many either. I constantly want to eat so I'm trying to stay in check and eventually lose the weight, I just really want to make sure I don't make my supply drop. I've also been really bad with sweets lately and I'm trying to stop that but it's so hard, I crave them so much! Oh and I can't wait to be at the weight I want so I can get some new clothes that fit right and look good again haha. Anyways I'm looking forward to making some friends so feel free to add me!
  • Vanyahiril
    Vanyahiril Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm 6 weeks pp tomorrow, & have my doctor's appointment Thursday. I'm looking to loose 50 lbs-ish, gained through 2 pregnancies & beyond. (I'm also a shortie). I'm ebf, and did so for a year with my first, unfortunately, I didn't loose as much as I'd have liked, last time. I have a massive sweet/carb tooth that I conveniently "forget" to reign in, when the good stuff is around. I need that v-8 commercial slap the food out of my hands!
  • sialonede
    sialonede Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm nursing a 7 week old if anyone wants to friend me! Trying to lose this weight!
  • Carol_OTB
    Carol_OTB Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm nursing a 1 week old angel after an unexpected c section. I gained 36 lbs and currently have 23 lbs left to lose. The c section makes it hard because i can't exercise for another 5 weeks. feel free to add me i need more mommy friends :)
  • 431Trisha
    431Trisha Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 2 months postpartum and had a c section, I still need to lose 30 ish pounds. I lost 33 lbs up to date with the delivery and in first few weeks, but I'd gained 60. I'm back to running and doing workout videos. I'm afraid however to cut calories because I might compromise my milk supply
  • TierraNoelle
    TierraNoelle Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I had my third (and last haha) on Aug 5th. I gained about 50 lbs. I've lost 30 so far. I have about 25 to go to where I'd like to be. EBF as well! :)
  • graceb02
    graceb02 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!! I'm 7 months pp and ebf. I've only got 4 lbs left to get to prepreg weight, but I have another 15 to get where I want to be (healthy).

How many calories are you accounting for breastfeeding?
  • mrsmunde
    mrsmunde Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello mommies!
    I am a first time mom to Baby Jack. He is currently 2.5 weeks old, and growing too fast for me :)

I am 5'7"
    Starting Weight: 140 lbs - this was on the higher end for me & I was looking to lose weight before getting pregnant. I am most comfortable and confident between 126-130 lbs
    Delivery Weight: 163 lbs
    1 Week Postpartum: 140 lbs

I am currently trying to figure out where my calories need to be to maintain my milk supply and to lose weight slowly. So, you will see my diary is a little all over the place right now. Breastfeeding hunger is something else!!!

I would love to have fellow mommy friends for motivation and support. I am trying hard right now to be active on MFP to help hold me accountable. I look forward to working out again, but am nervous on how I am going to balance that with working full-time and taking care of baby, so right now my focus is on my food intake for weight loss.

Cheers & best of luck to you all
  • mrsmunde
    mrsmunde Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Struggling! I've been gaining weight since returning home from the hospital. I can't get over the breastfeeding hunger. How are you mom's combating this? ! I've put 6 lbs back on. It's depressing me
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    Try drinking a glass of water before eating every time? Oftentimes our bodies confuse thirst with hunger. Other than that, focus on your proteins first and your fats second. Carbs just don't keep you as full as proteins and fats do so they don't exactly make the best "fill you up" type snacks. At least that's been my personal experience.

Great snacks are boiled eggs, chicken breast, turkey pepperettes, greek yogurt, cheese, etc.
  • CinderellaDaisy
    CinderellaDaisy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm still nursing my 10 1/2 month old. He loves nursing and he loves solids. He loves food just like his mama. Lol. I lost all my pregnancy weight (16lbs) near the beginning then he started solids and around 7 months when he really started to enjoy it more and nurse less I gained back about 7lbs because I did not adjust my eating to be less. Now I'm ready to start really losing this weight plus the 15 or so I had from before I was pregnant.

I would love some other mommy friends so feel free to add me!