United States Supreme Court rules Same Sex Marriage is Legal in all 50 states!!!

Zyphun
Zyphun Posts: 102 Member
edited June 2015 in Social Groups
I can't even put into proper words how happy this news made me! Love and equality finally won something big! :)

Replies

• avelino1
    avelino1 Posts: 3 Member
    Love Wins!!!! <3
  • jnmrie
    jnmrie Posts: 145 Member
    Very happy! :blush:
  • mandieinheels
    mandieinheels Posts: 192 Member
    love wins!!!!
  • ltgordon526
    ltgordon526 Posts: 15 Member
  • mudtea
    mudtea Posts: 27 Member

Obama's historic speech on the marriage ruling. Well worth watching if you missed it.

http://www.c-span.org/video/?326809-1/president-obama-reaction-supreme-court-samesex-marriage-ruling

Jim Obergefell's speech from the steps of the Supreme Court, including the larger connection to the murders in Charleston:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qMxWLJGuPJk
  • shirtswiththumbholes
    shirtswiththumbholes Posts: 179 Member
    I'm so happy and excited. We still have a LONG way to go (especially as far as rights and proper treatment for trans people) but we have to celebrate this amazing victory!!
  • Zyphun
    I'm so happy and excited. We still have a LONG way to go (especially as far as rights and proper treatment for trans people) but we have to celebrate this amazing victory!!

I know it is kind of selfish, but on a personal level part of the elation I feel is the fact that now more resources in major LGBT organizations can go to helping transgendered people obtain even simple basic human rights and protections.
  • batteryacids
    batteryacids Posts: 11 Member

PRECISELY there are tons of other things to work on but that shouldn't stop us from celebrating this victory! marriage rights means so much (visitation rights at hospital/jail, immigrants can sponsor spouses, inheritance, equal parent status aka u can get info on ur kid's grades, etc.)
  • gothicfires
    gothicfires Posts: 240 Member
    Zyphun wrote: »
    I know it is kind of selfish, but on a personal level part of the elation I feel is the fact that now more resources in major LGBT organizations can go to helping transgendered people obtain even simple basic human rights and protections.

There's nothing wrong with this. I wish everything could be handled at once. Just keep sight that there are people who see you for who you say you are.

I did an internal happy dance yesterday. This will still be a non-topic in my house though. I don't think my mom will ever change her mind.

• peacehawk
    peacehawk Posts: 421 Member
    My trans godson walked me down the aisle yesterday. Yesterday was my day. Today and beyond are his!
  • PoohBelly
    PoohBelly Posts: 39 Member
    So happy this has finally come to pass (never thought in my lifetime)!! And yes, there is much left to do!
  • Zeannaroux
    Zeannaroux Posts: 4 Member
    I am so so so happy
  • tomofnj
    tomofnj Posts: 88 Member
    It's a good day indeed :) Perhaps leading by example will help other Nations choose the path of providing basic human rights for everyone.
  • Zyphun
    peacehawk wrote: »
    My trans godson walked me down the aisle yesterday. Yesterday was my day. Today and beyond are his!
    Congratulations! :)
  • sugaandgrits
    sugaandgrits Posts: 222 Member
    law should never have the audacity to permit LOVE, but it was still an epic day in history.
  • ladyivymon
    ladyivymon Posts: 8 Member
    gives me the goal of loosing more weight before august. when my partner are going to finalize. we did a commitment cermony last year and filed our domistic partnership year before. i have been waiting for this. :smiley:
  • peacehawk
    peacehawk Posts: 421 Member
    Zyphun wrote: »
    Congratulations! :)

Thanks!
  • rebolaugh
    rebolaugh Posts: 125 Member

That's awesome! Congratulations to you. xo