Backwards compatibility for Xbox 360/1

Options
lacroyx
lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
http://www.theverge.com/2015/6/19/8811447/sony-surprised-by-xbox-one-backwards-compatibility

Interesting. I have heard the rumors but didn't think it would happen. People can vote on the titles they want Microsoft to work on here https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/298503-backwards-compatibility

I don't have either a PS4 nor a Xbox One yet. I tend to wait a while for prices to go down. I eventually will get both systems and now that Microsoft will have backwards compatibility for 360 games makes me lean heavily towards getting a Xbox One first.

Replies

• dsneade
    dsneade Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I bought my Xbone right after the price drop last year... So far so good as games go but I've been playing more PC lately. I do keep my 360 around for Stick of Truth when ever I feel the itch.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I hoped this would happen simply for the fact I'm freeing up a cell in the entertainment center. My son is excited and enjoying the "retro-gaming" of the 360 :)
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    amg this is beautiful

maybe now I can use my xb1 more than once a month when I randomly play Destiny with my bud on the weekend
  • GalactusEmpire
    GalactusEmpire Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I bought an Xbox One right when it was released. I was super excited about it. But after a couple of months it just fell into obscurity. Even the games I was excited for (Titanfall, Halo, Destiny) didn't make me interested in it for more than a couple weeks at most. I sold my Xbox One to a friend about a month ago. Now with this update it seems the Xbox One is finally being relevant again, but I doubt I will purchase another one. I have been mostly a PC gamer my adult life, and can't see myself switching back to console unless there was some super fantastic exclusive I -needed- to play.
  • thanoshp
    thanoshp Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm excited about this since it frees up space and my son would love an xbox 360 for a gift at some point
  • FitForL1fe
    edited June 2015
    Options
    first vote: Crackdown (the first one in the series was the best, and one of my favorite games ever)
    second vote: the Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie redux that they put out on XBLA
    third vote: ??? (RDR maybe?)
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I have over 40 360 games I haven't touched due to life, kids, etc. It's killing me! ...and this is from a gamerscore chaser with a good amount of 100% completed games.

Crackdown is one of the best ever games. I've been playing the HALO remastered with my son and we're loving it. Can't wait to introduce him to Call of Duty Zombie mode!
  • FitForL1fe
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    I have over 40 360 games I haven't touched due to life, kids, etc. It's killing me! ...and this is from a gamerscore chaser with a good amount of 100% completed games.

Crackdown is one of the best ever games. I've been playing the HALO remastered with my son and we're loving it. Can't wait to introduce him to Call of Duty Zombie mode!

haha mannnn Zombies

I didn't play BLOPS 2

but I played enough Kino alone to make my fingers bleed
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »

Crackdown and Crackdown 2 are like the Caddyshack and Caddyshack 2 of video games. One is one of the better of its kind ever made. The sequel is the worst.

• BuckFurpees07
    BuckFurpees07 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Super excited about this until I saw the preview list for the games that'll be backwards. Also kinda jealous of all the Sony titles coming out this year... Might be time to get a PS4 lol