Introducing myself

cbreedyklaw
cbreedyklaw Posts: 1 Member
Hi, I am 69 and became vegan in Jan of this year, a little late in life to start but I am already seeing the benefits. There were two life changing events that totally took my life in a new direction. I lost my husband to cancer after taking care of him for four years, totally neglecting myself in the process. And I became allergic to fibre and had to stop creating my fibre art.First I moved closer to my family and then decided that this year 2015 would be a good time to take charge of my health.
Here I am ready to learn.

Replies

• dsakholli
    dsakholli Posts: 7 Member
    Hi there! Wow, you have had some really significant events happen. I am sorry to hear about your husband. Changing to a vegan lifestyle change challenging but so very rewarding. Sounds like you are moving in the right direction.

• kia_runs
    kia_runs Posts: 77 Member
    Hi I'm new here. Looking to fully transition to vegan.
  • CraftyCommons
    CraftyCommons Posts: 2 Member
    Hi, I am 69 and became vegan in Jan of this year, a little late in life to start but I am already seeing the benefits. There were two life changing events that totally took my life in a new direction. I lost my husband to cancer after taking care of him for four years, totally neglecting myself in the process. And I became allergic to fibre and had to stop creating my fibre art.First I moved closer to my family and then decided that this year 2015 would be a good time to take charge of my health.
    Here I am ready to learn.

Wow my heart goes out to you. I am a spinner and can't imagine not having fibre to play with.

I am Claire, lifelong and 5th generation vegetarian, hopped on and off the vegan train a few times through childhood and Im back now and gently leaning my family towards it too.