Current Netflix Binges?? Are You Using them to Workout?

Options
GetSexyU
GetSexyU Posts: 20 Member
Hi everyone, just thought I would start discussion on what top 3 shows you are currently watching/binging on Netflix? And how or if you are using them to workout.

Orange is the New Black!-Since it doesn't have commercials I just keep watching but every 12 min I exercise for 3 min.

Glee(don't judge me) but I am trying to learn some of the dance moves to certain songs

Sense 8- No workouts, I was so caught up by it awesomeness the first time I watched. I am just watching now for my fav parts or just to get alll the details. lol

Replies

• marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Criminal Minds, The Quest, Iron Chef America, Reign, Walking Dead, Cutthroat Kitchen, Chopped... I know it's supposed to be 3, but I bounce around between all of them depending on my mood. XD

One of my favorite ways to sneak some exercise in is to jog in place while watching something on Netflix. It's worked well for me so far!
  • ptsmiles
    ptsmiles Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Orange Is The New Black, a show with Jillian Anderson about a serial killer(blanking on the name now). I know that is only two, but I am finding I don't have a lot of time to watch Netflix lately.
  • corryigo
    corryigo Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I generally watch the Avengers or Marvel cartoons while I run on my Elliptical or work out. I like the 30 min shows helps me keep pace.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Right now it's X Files. Finished Daredevil, next will be Sense 8 and OITNB season 3... but it's going to be a while, I'm only on the 3rd season of X Files and only watching 1 or 2 episodes a day.

I sometimes use my exercise bike while I watch but typically I do other workouts... still the best $100 I've ever spent.
  • GetSexyU
    Options
    So do you all feel like Netflix is a hindrance to your workout or a help? I like it because sometimes I get times of listing to music and just want to watch something, but won't live there are times when I start working out and then sit down because I am so into the show. you?
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I don't do treadmills, exercise bikes, ellipticals or anything that would allow me to watch Netflix when I workout. I do download and add to my workout playlist music from shows I do watch like Doctor Who.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Oh and to add to the topic, currently watching OITNB and Sense 8
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    GetSexyU wrote: »
    So do you all feel like Netflix is a hindrance to your workout or a help? I like it because sometimes I get times of listing to music and just want to watch something, but won't live there are times when I start working out and then sit down because I am so into the show. you?

Neither. Gives me something to watch if I want to do some bike, otherwise I only watch when I've done my exercise for the day anyway.
  • marieamethyst
    Options

I find that getting engrossed in a show only helps me, since it makes the time go by faster and I usually forget I'm even working out.
  • SithDogg671
    SithDogg671 Posts: 9 Member
    Options

I work out at the gym, so no Netflix anyway, but I feel if I'm working out that's what I should be focused on (Master Yoda would tell us to keep our minds on "where we are, what we are doing!") [sorry, didn't mean that to sound as preachy as it did...]

In any case, currently reliving the early 90's and rewatching X-Files and (wait for it...) *SEAQUEST DSV* :smiley:
  • marieamethyst
    Options

I work out at the gym, so no Netflix anyway, but I feel if I'm working out that's what I should be focused on (Master Yoda would tell us to keep our minds on "where we are, what we are doing!") [sorry, didn't mean that to sound as preachy as it did...]

In any case, currently reliving the early 90's and rewatching X-Files and (wait for it...) *SEAQUEST DSV* :smiley:

Some Sith you are, listening to a Jedi Master! Pfft!
  • SithDogg671
    SithDogg671 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Some Sith you are, listening to a Jedi Master! Pfft!

Even a Sith can cite scripture for his purpose! *cackles evilly*

• jonsmithkidd
    jonsmithkidd Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options

SeaQuest DSV....now that is old school!
  • GetSexyU
    Options
    It sounds like the overall messages for Netflix workouts are positive, but I understand the view points as well because they make sense. It's really great that its sounded like we all find a way to still incorporate what we love with our workouts. Shows we are actually trying to make our lives instead of getting a quick fix. Awesomeness!
  • wildecat1
    wildecat1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi folks! New here. Currently binging on season 2 of Agents of Shield. I love watching Netflix while I'm walking on the treadmill. One hour show = 45 min with no commercials = perfect amount of time for me to walk!
  • Golda5775
    Golda5775 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    House of cards house of cards house of cards !! Wow love this show!!
  • Naener
    Naener Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    OITNB, Master Chef (Hulu), Chopped, finished Daredevil... my mom gets me into the craziest shows on there, like Teen Wolf and all kinds of weird Sci Fi stuff lol.
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    No Netflix workouts here, either. I don't have any cardio machines at home and no space to do much of a workout in the living room.

Here in Germany, we only just got Netflix this year and I'm so in love with it! The last show I got crazy about was Mr. Selfridge. So good! I can't wait for S3 to go up there but it'll probably be a while. I also really loved Ripper Street and The Returned (so sad they cancelled it). And currently, I'm working my way through the available seasons of Orange Is the New Black. :)