Swelling

Options
1Ginabb
1Ginabb Posts: 77 Member
Wondering if anyone has had an issue with water retention. I have been losing steady. I weigh everyday...yes, I know you're not supposed to, but I actually stay focused if I do. Anyways, I might go up a little on the scale, especially when I have eaten salty foods like Japanese out with friends, etc. but never when I eat my NS plan correctly without eating a meal on my own. This morning I was up 8/10 of a pound and I feel swollen. I got over 8 hours of sleep last night and here is yesterday's menu: Breakfast: NS choc Muffin, Morning snack: PB2 and a banana Lunch: roasted broccoli, NS Loaded Potato, afternoon snack: Morning Star Griller Dinner: NS Rotini and meatballs, green beans, Buffalo Cauliflower Night treat: Coffee, NS Carrot Cake. Anyone have this happen? Suggestions? I am drinking water like no tomorrow, today. lol.

Replies

• MsDimeo
    MsDimeo Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I do! I go up and down on the scale (daily too). I often feel swollen in my legs and pee a lot. I try to stay away a lot of salt. I do ns during the week and weekends on my own. Either way.... I get that swollen feeling. I ache too.
  • FunnyFit
    FunnyFit Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Yes, the loaded baked potato does that to me as well although I'm not sure why??
  • 1Ginabb
    Options
    FunnyFit wrote: »
    Yes, the loaded baked potato does that to me as well although I'm not sure why??

That could be it, I haven't ate that one in a long time.
  • 1Ginabb
    Options
    well..still the same this morning and up some more. Now it's a whole pound. Fingers are swollen, feet are swollen. yesterday I did more water and salmon for dinner with brussel sprouts. Today I did the same, only I had the salmon and Brussels for lunch and a NS lunch with broccoli for dinner. I've drank over 100 onces of water today...so if this don't flush out the salt I don't know what will.
  • surrealchereal
    surrealchereal Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    keep drinking it always works when it happens to me :)
  • FunnyFit
    FunnyFit Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    1Ginabb wrote: »
    well..still the same this morning and up some more. Now it's a whole pound. Fingers are swollen, feet are swollen. yesterday I did more water and salmon for dinner with brussel sprouts. Today I did the same, only I had the salmon and Brussels for lunch and a NS lunch with broccoli for dinner. I've drank over 100 onces of water today...so if this don't flush out the salt I don't know what will.

I am not sure what is happening but it is happening to me too. I know that in my case, I have been eating the saltier NS foods and a few days ago I had added some cracked salt over my veggies. I thought for sure after all the water and unsweetened iced tea I've had that I would have lost the water weight, but now my fingers are also swollen. It has been extremely humid here and I wonder if that adds to it? I also got a lot of extra sleep last night and thought for sure the extra weight would be gone, so who knows?!
  • evhutchings
    evhutchings Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Try an Epsom salt bath...sometimes the magnesium in the Epsom salts is helpful...also swimming helps...and of course you've also done the drinking fluids...also eat water laden foods like grapefruit and watermelon and cucumber....hope this helps
  • 1Ginabb
    Options
    well...it came off. I lost the gain, plus 2 more lbs. However, I then went on vacation which I like to call 'cheatapollosa' and ate at 4 different places featured on Man vs. Food. I had 3 different dishes of fried chicken, ribs, etc. So I am up 4.4 lbs. But, it's all good. I will just eat baked fish and veggies for the next few days, and drink lots of water.