Need veggie Ideas

Options
MsDimeo
MsDimeo Posts: 123 Member
I need some ideas on how to get my veggies in each day. I cant think of at least four to eat!! Im sick of carrots. Spagetti squash is a new one for me but i need more. Help!!!

Replies

• Whosebeeping
    Whosebeeping Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Roasted cauliflower is yummy. Similar to the carrot fries. Called popcorn cauliflower. I do add some Parmesan cheese as a PF I roast it until it has a a lot of black on it.
  • 1Ginabb
    1Ginabb Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I do the same as Lynn, but I don't like cauliflower. I roast broccoli and Brussel sprouts. Spread them on a metal pan, spray with PAM, shake on some seasoning of choice (I like Ranch salad mix seasoning from Hidden Valley) and parmesan cheese. Roast till dark. So yummy.
    Also, if you like tomatoes, right now I am on a Rotel kick. I open a can of Rotel original, drain, then add an ounce of low fat cheddar. Microwave till cheese is melted. Yum.
  • MsDimeo
    Options
    Ohh thanks yall!!!! Keep em coming!
  • pattyperkins927
    pattyperkins927 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I also just keep a container of sauted mushrooms and onions in the fridge, and add them to many of my NS lunches and dinners.
  • katbirdinoregon
    katbirdinoregon Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I like broccoli slaw especially as a side with the frozen sandwiches. I also make tabouli,ratatouille, and Thai cucumber salad. They make a great change to the vegetable sides. I usually mix regular cabbage with the broccoli slaw because it is less expensive.
  • AshTrixxy
    AshTrixxy Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I like to cook my veggies with a teaspoon of coconut oil, fresh garlic, and curry powder sprinkled on to mix throughout. I used to think that I would never like curry, and I was wrong!
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Sliced up mushrooms, onions, squash, zucchini in my MicroHearth grill.

Broiled tomatoes.

Cauliflower, broccoli, or green beans steamed.
  • BeesmaMFP
    BeesmaMFP Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    I love asparagus fries. I spread the spears on a cookie sheet and spray them with Pam then sprinkle them with McCormick's vegetable seasoning. Bake at 400 for 12 to 20 minutes depending on how thick the spears are. I have some practically every day. I also slice up bell peppers (yellow and orange are my favorites) and snack on them raw--love the crunch.
  • 1Ginabb
    1Ginabb Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    BeesmaMFP wrote: »
    I love asparagus fries. I spread the spears on a cookie sheet and spray them with Pam then sprinkle them with McCormick's vegetable seasoning. Bake at 400 for 12 to 20 minutes depending on how thick the spears are. I have some practically every day. I also slice up bell peppers (yellow and orange are my favorites) and snack on them raw--love the crunch.

this sounds delicious! I will be trying this.

• BeesmaMFP
    BeesmaMFP Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    1Ginabb wrote: »
    BeesmaMFP wrote: »

this sounds delicious! I will be trying this.

Hope you like it! :) I love the little skinny ones--they get really crunchy. My daughter's started complaining that the house smells all "stinky." LOL. I just tell her to deal with it. Ha!
  • surrealchereal
    surrealchereal Posts: 60 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Last weekend I cooked up a head of cabbage sliced thin, with a little red bell pepper, seasonings and steamed/cooked in chicken broth. Craving it again this weekend but I have a head of cauliflower to cook. I think I'll use half of it to make mashed cauliflower. Cook it up in some chicken or veggie stock, add a little garlic powder and when it's really soft I use my immersion blender on it or toss it in the vitamix, and add one or 2 laughing cow wedges to it, makes it nice and creamy.
  • MsDimeo
    Options
    Im reading all these!!! Thanks for all the ideas.
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    My favorite is jicama...cut in the shape of skinny fries...cold, crunchy. And I add diced jicama to chicken salad.
    I would be lost without my Zoodle/Vegetti! It's like a big pencil sharpener that turns zucchini into noodle-shaped. Couple minutes in pan w Pam plus garlic powder.
    Sautéed mushrooms are zummy n have lots of potassium too.
    Diced red bell pepper is a great addition to NS chilli, pizza, Mac n cheese, etc.
    Lettuce wraps!