First time mom

Options
AnneliseGott
AnneliseGott Posts: 2 Member
I just had my first child April 20, 2015. I thought because I didn't gain a lot of weight during my pregnancy that I would look the same after having my son. I was so very wrong. I'm 5 pounds under my prepregnancy weight but I look heavier than I did before pregnancy. I'm currently 150 pounds and I'm trying to drop down to 130 and tone up. I am breastfeeding so I have to take in extra calories but I'm starting to do yoga an working out in hopes that will help. I guess I'm just looking for some tips an advice from other moms. TIA

Replies

• HHJelly143
    HHJelly143 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a new mom too! Baby born March 18th and now that I'm recovering from c I'm ready to get more in shape and have accountability!
  • jlsmith1982
    jlsmith1982 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hello and congrats on the new baby! Crazy what pregnancy does to are body. I had 2 c sections and gained 60 plus lbs with both. What's worked for me is support groups on FB, working out from home, food prep on Sunday, drinking as a lots of water. Let me know if you need any help. I run FREE group on FB, full of support, accountability, motivation, recipes and tips.
  • krw1183
    krw1183 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I had my little boy on March 23rd and I am amazed at what it did to my body. I was very fit and active before pregnancy and now I'm rocking some thunder thighs and a mom pooch lol. I felt like I plateaued for a while and was stuck at 153 lbs (was 138 pre-pregnancy). I just couldn't lose anything. I am breastfeeding so I can't cut too many calories, but I noticed that 3 months postpartum was kind of a turning point. I don't know why it happened but I'm starting to lose those last 15 pounds. Down to 149 this morning. Just give it a little more time.
  • carmela08
    carmela08 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I had my first baby on April 20th too! Congrats! Like you I didn't gain much weight snd I'm also 5 pounds away from pre pregnancy weight although I'm looking to lose more like 30-50 pounds. I'm exclusively breastfeeding but haven't been eating great at all since getting use to being a new mom and having a C-section that took some time to heal but I'm ready to start eating right and figure out how to get some exercise in (besides walking) without messing with my milk supply. :)