Newbie here...

Options
Hello Everyone! I just joined this group and I will be starting my Walk at Home dvd tomorrow...I rejoined MFP about 2 weeks ago and I can't lie...I've been struggling to lose weight...I'm hoping that by adding in a little exercise, like walking, I can start seeing results!

I'm looking forward to interacting with all of you and helping to motivate you as you motivate me...I'm also looking for some fitness buddies to help keep me accountable and on track :)

~Sandy

Replies

• Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Hi Sandy, I'm new to the group too. I just discovered the walkig DVD's and use them on my non gym days. I hope we both see some results. :)
  • wanda7557
    wanda7557 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have used Leslie's videos before and I love them.
  • as5811
    as5811 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I just found this group, too. I started walking using Leslie Sansone on YT & have bought a few dvd's. I really like working out with her & am surprised how much I have toned.
  • Georgianbaygirl67
    Georgianbaygirl67 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the group as well! I have been using her videos sporadically when the weather is bad or I'm short on time through you tube. Love them, gives me s bit more pep in my step if I do them first thing in the morning!
  • blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this group as well. :) I just got 3 DVDs in the mail yesterday. I did a few from YouTube first. I adore it so far!
  • cleardc
    cleardc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've used her DVD's to drop and keep off a LOT of weight. It really works when you do them. I switch them up with going to the gym and doing the elliptical but seriously, these dvd's and adding in the stretch bands, hand weights, etc. really did the job for me. Now, after having my son and gaining a lot of baby weight due to complications after birth, I'm using them again to "walk off the pounds!!" WE CAN DO THIS!
  • Neonbeige
    Neonbeige Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    another newbie :-) It´s a bit hard to get the dvds in germany. So I will start with the youtube video. Right now I am walking outside, but it´s getting colder, grey-ish and dark early (winter is coming!), so I wanted an alternative. Looks like I found it :-)
  • Loosing63
    Loosing63 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is probably hard to get these DVD's in Germany. Of course the US DVD's don't run there either. TV's and DVD's in Germany run with the PAL system. Here is the only set I found available in PAL for you: http://www.amazon.de/Leslie-Sansone-Blasting-Workout-Programme/dp/B00Q53T2K0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1442493998&sr=8-2&keywords=leslie+sansone+dvd+PAL
  • Neonbeige
    Neonbeige Posts: 271 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Thank you :-) There are more in amazon I have to check if I could run them in my computer. I have an old mac mini on my TV, so that might work.
  • anita257
    anita257 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How do you LOG the walks with Leslie's DVD's in your MFP? "aerobics, low impact" seems too general for me. my favorite is the "3-mile walk"; each mile increases in intensity. I can do it in a really, really small space. I live full-time in an RV.
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Anita257-I use Aerobics Low Impact because my HRM is closest to that one. Leslie herself recommends Aerobics General but that registers the burn too high for me. You need to play around with it for a couple of weeks to see which one works better for you. All of Leslie's workouts are done in a fairly small space which is really great for those of us who have smaller spaces and no room for "equipment." Enjoy!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    new to this group I started MFP the end of May right after I saw my pictures at my daughter's college graduation. It was a reality check for sure and now as of today I have lost 25 lbs with 15 to 20 to go. I just got the Dvd's as winter is approaching and I wanted to keep up the exercising. So I will officially log in November. :)
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone! You've come to the right board. Lot's of encouragement here. :)