July Check-in

Options
bookworm_847
bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
Happy July everyone!

How are we all doing?

@improvingbill, how are you feeling?

@AmeeSandhu, @hollyelise68, and everyone else, we miss you!

Replies

• bookworm_847
    Options
    This is my last week of the Burn phase of Chalean Extreme. I reset my ticker thanks to a huge gain over the last couple of months, and am weighing each day & journaling. Hopefully that'll help.

I'm not going to earn my new haircut and purple highlights by the date of the Third Eye Blind concert though :(
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I think you should get the purple highlights whenever you earn them, bookworm, concert or no.

I took today as a rest day because it was in the 40s this morning and all I packed were shorts and tanks. Shooting for 7 miles tomorrow but will probably be a lot of walking.

Hope everyone has a great 4th!
  • bookworm_847
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Oh, I'm getting those highlights for sure! In the spring, I was just hoping I could sport them at the concert ;) I told my husband he didn't have to worry about any crash diets or excessive workouts so I could lose these 20 pounds in 19 days. I haven't seen that band in 6 years, and I'm going to enjoy myself dangit!

Rest day for me as well. My back is really snarly and it hurts to yawn or hiccup. I told my husband I was frustrated because I have stuff I want to do today. He said, and I quote, "Tough s***." I guess I'm under orders to relax and slather myself with icy hot today, haha

Do you normally go about 7 miles? Or is that just to make up for today? Either way, good luck!

Enjoy your 4th!
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Ugh it started pouring rain at mile 3 this morning. But I went 7.4 miles total! I don't mind getting wet but way colder here than I'm used to. Training for a half marathon so that is the longest run I've done so far!! Doing a 10k next weekend with my sister in Florida so will miss this chilly weather then.

Hope your back lets you work out again soon bookworm. I know how frustrating it is to be sidelined.

Happy 4th of July everyone!
  • bookworm_847
    Options
    That is an amazing run! Good for you. It sounds like you've got that 10k all under control!
  • bookworm_847
    edited July 2015
    Options
    No workout today :( I really wanted to; I was dressed and everything. My back hurt when I was putting my shoes on. "I'll push through," I thought. Then I sneezed. And swore. I knew then Week 4, workout 3 was not to be. So, here's my stuff for the Burn Phase. I'm starting Push (fewer reps & even heavier weights!) on Monday. I'll make up today's at the end or else just get it next round. I'm sure this won't be my last time :)

1891b4nl3jwy.jpg
    5pu233xjnr6i.jpg
    z1qkespox6bf.jpg