Nutrisystem vegetarians?

Options
aprilmn
aprilmn Posts: 2 Member
edited July 2015 in Social Groups
Hi all. I've just finished up my first month on NS as a vegetarian and feel pretty successful. I had tried it a few years back but wasn't motivated to stick to it with the food options. The newer frozen picks give me more variety. I do not do the NS vegetarian plan, I just choose the meatless options. But I find myself adding my own "meat" to what's basically all of the pasta type meals. I add boca burgers or meatless meatballs or just tofu. These tend to be my afternoon PF snack leftovers so it works with the plan but I do wonder if it defeats the purpose of doing NS sometimes. And yes the meal choices are less than half of what non vegetarians have to pick from. Any other vegetarians out there on NS? Looking for suggestions on food variety and thoughts about NS being worth it money wise for more than a few months. It's costly enough on its own without adding extras. Thanks for the feedback from meatless or meat eaters alike!

Replies

• FunnyFit
    FunnyFit Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi April, I am not a vegetarian, but I do order a lot of the meatless options out of preference. I just add lots of veggies with different spices/seasonings to the NS meals to make myself feel satisfied.

Re: price, I am sure you are aware, but the NS gift cards are on sale at Costco for $59.99 for the $100 gift card and you can use those to pay for your order online. You can use your credit card to order the NS gift cards online at Costco which can help a little too. Also, if you call the NS customer service and ask for the insurance discount they will knock 12% off your monthly order on average.
  • aprilmn
    aprilmn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips FunnyFit.