General Discussion about AF

Options
SkinnyKerinny
SkinnyKerinny Posts: 147 Member
There are lots of people with thyroid conditions and adrenal fatigue seems to go along with that. I think there may be many people who don't realize they have AF and think the symptoms are due to low (or possibly high) thyroid.

If you get thyroid medication and then do worse, you probably have AF. What happens is your adrenals will balance out your thyroid but if they are weak, thyroid medication will cause even more symptoms.

AF is your body's reaction to chronic stress. There are many supplements and herbs that can help with this. Also usually a lifestyle change is needed.

There are many books out about this. One of the recognized experts in this area, Dr. Wilson, wrote a book called "Adrenal Fatigue The 21st Century Stress Syndrome". He has also formulated some supplements tailored to this condition. I recommend that book but this group isn't about promoting any one person or any certain supplement. It's for people who have AF to help each other. It's just that I've read his book and think it's helped me. If there's something that's helped you, please do share.

Replies

• JustMe2C
    JustMe2C Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    At the moment, I'm still in a state of confusion. Go figure... LOL

I have no thyroid and am not sure if my thyroid medicine is at an optimal level, or if maybe some adrenal fatigue is playing a role as well. Finding a doctor to REALLY help me get to the core issue has been impossible so far, so I've been trying to plow through on my own until I can find a good doctor.

I'm really interested in what this group may bring forth. Thank you for starting it. :)
  • SkinnyKerinny
    SkinnyKerinny Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Thanks for joining JustMe2C. I hope we can all help each other.