Options
SeeAhtter787
SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
Welcome all returning and new members

Replies

• SeeAhtter787
    Options
    Hi. I am the new fearless leader. My name is Esther. I started MFP at the recommendation of my orthopedic doctor. I started March 4. I weighed 294 pounds. Through the friendship and support of these groups I have lost 62 pounds so far. I am still battling severe pain in my knees but I push through and keep my chin up. Welcome all new members and great to have our other challenge members joining us once again

Esther
  • susiederkins21
    susiederkins21 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi, Esther! I'm Cindy. I started MFP at the end of April. I also have knee pain due to arthritis, but it's getting better every day. I have lost 21 pounds so far, and plan to lose at least 100 all together. Looking forward to the challenge!
  • ladylanee
    ladylanee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Estrees. I'm just starting back and I figure a challenge would be fun and help to hold me accountable.
  • Pie319
    Pie319 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Amy, I've been on MFP on a off for a long time. I got married in January and in February I decided it was time to drop some weight and live the active lifestyle I had been craving. I lost 26 lbs but just gained about 5 back after a break so I'm ready to dive in! Hoping to lose about 45 total (to get into the healthy BMI range) and so I'm about halfway there
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I'm from the July 4 challenge. I am on maternity leave until next January. I like to exercise but really struggle with emotional eating. Work is generally OK for me because I only eat what I pack for lunch. At home, I struggle with snacking all the time. Plus I feel like I'm making food all the time for my kids. I know what I should do and I know what works for me but after each kid, in find it harder to make the effort.

• SeeAhtter787
    Options
    Welcome ladies
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Janice, I am 55yrs old. I started using MFP regularly in February 2014, since then I have lost 55lbs. I have went from a size 20 to a size 14, and even some size 12's, but mainly 14's. I have lost around 10 pounds this year, and would like to lose more. Good luck. Janice
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    I am from the July challenge. My name is Connie. I have been with MFP for a while but started in earnest December 2014. Since that time, I have lost 16 pounds. I am currently taking a diet break and eating at my maintenance calories to give my body a break. Technically, I will start this challenge next month when I cut my calories back down to begin losing again.

Esther, you have gotten us off to a great start!

Welcome everyone!

Connie
  • camschuckie
    camschuckie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello i am Carina and I am from the Fourth of July challenge. I am a 40 year old mother of three. Last challenge helped so much and with this challenge I am hoping to lose about 15 pounds and start maintenance. I have been on MFP for about three years and have been up and down a lot. Hoping to maintain this time around. Total loss so far is around 60 pounds.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    my name is Marie. I am 84 years old and having a really hard time losing but I will never give up.
    I am from the original Easter Challenge and from the 4th of July challenge. Now Esther got us off to a beautiful start on the Thanksgiving Challenge. Thank you Esther you are going to make us a wonderful Leader Love the Birthdays topic I have found out people really like to be notice on their Birthdays. love that we are keeping our tradition up of keeping a Thanksgiving's challenge going And yes the Misfits
    will remain open as long as we have posters and as of today it is Still going strong
    Marie
  • Eninad
    Eninad Posts: 204 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hi I'm Eninad.

I'm 46, 5'3" and hit 250 pounds in December 2014. That's when I said I have to fix this.

I am breaking my loss into 20 pound chunks, and I've completed two of those chunks so far on MFP. I have several more chunks to go and will need support during maintenance and continual fitness management, so I'll be here a long time yet.

I'm almost at 50 pounds lost total (41 of them with MFP) and about to hit a my personal Holy Grail: Break 200. I have been up and down and up and down over the past 25 years, but have never broken it. I'm hoping I will next week!

My next goals weight wise are 180, then 160...then the second of my Holy Grails: Break 150.

I also have several NSV (Non Scale Victory) goals and basically don't want to ever return to 250.
  • weejen73
    weejen73 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Jen and I'm 41 and a mum to 4, with my first grandchild due at Thanksgiving. I have been doing MFP since January and have lost 6.9 lbs, I have lost in inches though. Would love to loss 20 lbs by Thanksgiving and i be well under the two then. Feel free to add me also
  • RiverCameron
    RiverCameron Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm River. I started seriously trying to work on my weight this spring and did well, but now that it's hot it's hard to stay motivated. I'm hoping this challenge will help me get back on track :smile:
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    I agree River. It is so hard when it is hot. I either want to curl up in a ball and hide no food or water or anything or I want to stuff my face. There is never any in between for me. And we are enduring a heat wave currently. It has been over 80 for 3 days now and it has been in the high 70s for a couple weeks too. The heat is really taking its toll on the whole town. But it should be raining by this weekend so all will be good again. Just keep plugging away and do the best you can despite the heat and all will be well. Good luck

Esther
  • RiverCameron
    RiverCameron Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    70s and 80s sounds wonderful! I'm in Florida, so we're upper 90s into the 100s with high high high humidity. All I want is ice cream. I'm refraining though, getting fruit and pudding to get me by :smile:
  • BeckyLF05
    BeckyLF05 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I've used MFP quite a few times since 2008 to lose weight and it definitely works. I do not do so well maintaining (obviously) lol. My current weight is 184.6 and I would love to lose 20 by Turkey Day. Thanks for starting this challenge.
  • Eninad
    Eninad Posts: 204 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    The heat in Arizona, so brutal. 105+. I stopped walking up the stairs (I got to doing 6 flights up every day) the stairwell is like the inside of a car. I stopped walking 30 minutes during the morning or lunch time. Even the mall was oppressive when I went walking this weekend, but I did an hour. It's supposed to have air conditioning and it did, but it was still sticky and warm.

I bought a recumbent bike to rehab my MCL and to have something indoor during the summer here and I'm using it, but I look forward to October for sure. That's when I will be better able to cope and I will go from 1 pound a week to maybe 2 pounds loss.

I have a running friend, he's lost 116 pounds since being here. He runs in Arizona. Every. Day. He runs a lot of miles. He gets up at 4am! I see his journal and I just shake my head. I can't imagine that level of fitness, but I saw him when he was that full weight and it didn't come off overnight. Serious commitment.

One of my NSV's is to be able to run a mile. A single mile. I couldn't even do it in high school when I was 120 pounds, but I still want to do it.
  • edellaratta
    edellaratta Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Hi all. My name is evelyn. I am a married mother of twins, work full time and want to be fit and healthy. I have gained and lost many times. I was in the 4th of july challenge and found it to be very inspiring and lost 10 lbs. looking forward to losing the next 20.
  • mxmakm
    mxmakm Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Samantha. I was also in the 20 pounds by the Fourth of July challenge and I lost 19.2 pounds so I can't wait to actually hit the goal this time since I was so close! I am aiming for a bit more though since this is a longer challenge. I am a married mother of three, ages 5, 2, and 6 months. I am also a full time student majoring in Nursing and Spanish. I joined MFP twice before and lost about 20 pounds but joined this time in early April at 235 pounds and I'm currently at 208 pounds. I had some hiccups along the way but I am still motivated and determined to keep losing! I love challenges because they keep me moving forward.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    mxmakm wrote: »
    Hi, I'm Samantha. I was also in the 20 pounds by the Fourth of July challenge and I lost 19.2 pounds so I can't wait to actually hit the goal this time since I was so close! I am aiming for a bit more though since this is a longer challenge. I am a married mother of three, ages 5, 2, and 6 months. I am also a full time student majoring in Nursing and Spanish. I joined MFP twice before and lost about 20 pounds but joined this time in early April at 235 pounds and I'm currently at 208 pounds. I had some hiccups along the way but I am still motivated and determined to keep losing! I love challenges because they keep me moving forward.

Hello Samantha You are not too far from onederland Keep us informed so we can celebrate with you and good luck
    Marie