First trimester - How much weight have you gained??

I'm in my first trimester and I gained 6 (food) pounds and having trouble taking them back off. =( How much have you gained?

Replies

• AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    I'm in my third trimester now, but I jumped up about 6 pounds around 10 weeks, then was back down to SW by 14 weeks. It can be done! Don't focus on restricting calories, though. Just focus on making healthier choices and it'll work itself out.
  • vanessangonzalez
    vanessangonzalez Posts: 38 Member
    Ok, thanks!!
  • simply_sarah_
    simply_sarah_ Posts: 35 Member
    I pretty much maintained through the first 10 weeks, but at 13 weeks I've gained 7 pounds, yikes. I blame vacation... I hope that now that I am feeling better and am going to start exercising and eating a normal diet again I'll keep the rest of the weight gain under control. I'm hoping to keep total weight gain under 25 pounds....
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    I gained 15+ pounds in my first trimester because I was soooooo nauseous that the only thing that helped was eating. :(
    Now that I'm in my second trimester, and feel [somewhat] normal again, I've been trying not to over do it and have only gained about 5-6 pounds in a month. Not TOO bad, comparing to before.
    I'm hoping to keep total weight gain under 25lbs as well.
  • vanessangonzalez
    I'm also hoping to gain just 25. I started exercising again recently. Trying to watch what I eat. I know how uncomfortable it is to be overweight so I'm kinda nervous about this pregnancy weight! I don't want to gain any more than necessary!
  • simply_sarah_
    simply_sarah_ Posts: 35 Member
    Well, I guess water retention really IS a thing... Perhaps flying made it worse than usual since I'm pregnant? Since getting back from vacation I've "lost" 4 lbs, making 1st trimester gain much more reasonable about 3 lbs. Yay!!!
  • vanessangonzalez
    That's great, Sarah! Lol. Woo hoo! :)