Cat-ears, anyone tried them?

Options
msurads06
msurads06 Posts: 66 Member
I am looking at getting a pair of these :http://www.cat-ears.com/Classics-I.html. As the wind both natural and generated by my ride really bothers my ears (they hurt at the end of a ride) but I don't want to use ear plugs. In the winter I have a headband but it's really too hot for that now plus it affects my helmet's fit. Has anyone tried them or something similar?

Replies

• m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    No, I haven't. But I as well have inquired about such a product and was pointed to the same product. When you ride, hold your index finger up against the front strap of your helmet and you will notice an immediate drop in noise. Seems simple enough. So simple that it also seems like you could craft such an item to suit the need as well.
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I haven't personally, but a coworker of mine who's a cyclist tried them. He was supremely unimpressed. He kept them on for a couple of months and then trashed them. YMMV, of course.
  • msurads06
    msurads06 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    So any suggestions about how to protect my ears from wind? The most common recommendation seems to be ear plugs but I don't want to be unable to hear. Unfortunately not riding when it's windy isn't an option. It's always windy.
  • brocantrs
    brocantrs Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    They're actually quite tasty and chock full of vitamin C.
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    Grow a pair of "Guy Martins"...

you-will-see-guy-martin-facing-the-wall-of-death-on-his-new-channel-4-show--$14098059$326.jpg
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I have "ear wind" too. I wear wireless headsets that keep the wind wistling at a lower speed. They don't cover the noise of say vehicle traffic, pedestrian/cycle traffic. Try those but keep them unplugged of any music?