Inositol Dosage

Options
chardh
chardh Posts: 47 Member
I am fairly new here and just trying to get more information and gain more knowledge. I was recently diagnosed with PCOS and now just starting to look at ways to make changes with my diet and food and lifestyle. I ordered Inositol the other day and I will receive it soon but when just starting to take it what is a good dose. I have read a few different things with different amounts and I want to know what you all think is best or works. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    The dose that works will depend entirely on you. You can start with the serving size on the bottle and work up from there if you want. The studies I found used a dose of 4g, though they say that you might be able to go lower and still see results. They've never found an upper limit (and it's used therapeutically for neurological issues at the 12-18g range), so it's extremely difficult to do something like OD on it.
  • SaoirseLass
    SaoirseLass Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm still learning about inositol too, so hope more people contribute. I've read great things about it on PCOS Diva, but choosing to not use expensive brand names. They claim greater potency and success, but sounds like typical weight loss industry hype to me. Any thoughts?
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I buy Inositol off Amazon, about $15 for a month supply and I take about 6g a day. It has been great for me. I also take Met but the Inositol has helped hormonally and with insulin.