Let's get going!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Myweightlossdiary
    Myweightlossdiary Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    YAY everyone! I am barely doing any activity, but yesterday got in a slow walk and the park, and today walked a friend's dog around the neighborhood a bit. I keep reminding myself something is better than nothing :)

That is a fabulous way of looking at it, plus you are right! When I first started exercising, I was a couch potato and didn't do anything but sit. I now walk about 3-4 miles a day without any issue but it took several months to get to that point. According to an app I have on my phone, I was averaging about 46 minutes per mile. Now I average about 28 minutes per mile. I've just started incorporating intermittent jogging as well. Keep it up! :smile:
  • ssingley13
    ssingley13 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Did 20 mins of yoga this morning, 30 mins of Insanity this afternoon, and 20 mins on the stationary bike (tenting set to 5/8). Was planning on walking for an hour but it started to rain.
  • joshuapowell1989
    joshuapowell1989 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I had a bad couple of weeks after I reached goal on the last one, but.. on the positive I only maintained I didn't gain.
    This week I have now started losing again, though my weigh-in day is Monday so will have to do my best until then!
  • lindadprice
    lindadprice Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I just did 40 minutes of yoga. I recommend yoga with Adrienne on YouTube she's the best. I am sweating so hard. I wanted to do yoga as a warm up to my other strength leg day. Hopefully the 20 minutes will fly now.
  • ssingley13
    ssingley13 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Just did 40 mins of yoga this morning. No insanity today. Will do 1 hr of moderate walking after dinner tho :neutral:
  • lindadprice
    Options
    I feel so energized after my work out. Having this space to post work outs has motivated me to get more active than I was. Today I did 30 minutes strength training for my arms. Than I did 20 minute morning yoga routine.
  • rlstepp29
    rlstepp29 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Just finished a 4 mile run! Feeling pretty good!
  • RemakingJia
    RemakingJia Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Did piyo sweat today. Ohh man!! It is so tough. My legs had all turned jello
  • sveltewisher
    sveltewisher Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    My body aches so after working out which I am talking only light weights or a spin class. I need to incorporate more stretch and yoga. One of my goals for the week!
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Off to the gym in a few minutes! Only went once last week but didn't get a chance to go more than that.
  • runningsahm
    runningsahm Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I did 5.5 miles on Saturday and it was a hot, humid morning. Have to get back at Piyo today.
  • Myweightlossdiary
    Myweightlossdiary Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    After much nudging and encouragement from my MFP friends, I decided to start Jillian Michaels 30 day shred this past Saturday. Boy are my glutes and quads feeling it but I love it! Today I'll be going for day 3! :smile:
  • lindadprice
    Options
    Today I started lifting the barbell. I'm going to see if I can gain some muscle. I've been increasing my protein. I'm a vegetarian so I gotta watch to make sure I'm getting enough. I started making chocolate whey shakes with almond milk, almond butter, and a banana.