Vegans who lift, specially women

Options
Katzedernacht
Katzedernacht Posts: 266 Member
Hello,it's been ages since I write here,hehe,well I'm being serious with my gym now, so I wanted some advice or some thoughts on this.

I had about 25 extra kilograms when I started all this, now I'm happy with the progress,the scale I don't mind much,cos even if i'm heavier it's mostly muscle according to the measures, what has me a bit on edge is that belly fat, good grief it just won't go away,well I'm sure it is but it's going slowly..

So I wanted to add 1 session of isometrics workouts at least once a week and 3 days of HIIT, starting with 4 minutes. I also cut down severely on alcohol, like say I drank around 6-10 beers on the weekend (what? yes ) and I'm suspecting that's why my fat belly hasn't moved much, even if I've got gains in muscle terms,so now it's 1-2 drinks, tops. I'm eating as clean as possible,having one tiny cheat meal on saturdays and starting to run again, just not anyday near leg day.

How does this sound to you all? :3

Ah right I'm 32, I weigh ahm 59 kilograms and I'm 1.55 tall. I'd post a pic but I don't know how u.u

Replies

• KellyUVA
    KellyUVA Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I just started lifting last week, for the same reason. A trainer told me that I wasn't loosing as much belly fat as I wanted because I was too focused on cardio. Now I'm lifting four days a week.
  • Katzedernacht
    Katzedernacht Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    KellyUVA wrote: »
    I just started lifting last week, for the same reason. A trainer told me that I wasn't loosing as much belly fat as I wanted because I was too focused on cardio. Now I'm lifting four days a week.

May I ask what kind of lifting you do?

I have an open diary..I think and I'm just listing my workouts now hehe, I lift 5-6 days a week, and I do cardio every odd day. sometimes I go nuts and do some HIIT or crossfit instead of weights,but that's not too often.
  • 15off
    15off Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    As a suggestion, I would say give up the beers completely for 30 days and see what happens. Most people don't want to hear this but the nutrition is much more important then the beers and 2 or 3 beers is like eating an additional meal. At you age the belly fat should go away..unless there is a genetic predisposition to having it. Usually that does not kick in (genetics) to where you can't effectively change it, until you are in your 50's...then ALL bets are off. Good luck!