Ready to make some big life changes!

Options
Hey everyone! About 2 years ago, I lost around 20 lbs and was feeling great. With the stress of my first job after college, I stopped taking care of myself and gained it all back and more. I could really use some friends for accountability! I would love to help you as well!

Some goals for me:
1) Eat more natural foods and less processed foods
2) Find fun new workouts to do in order to stay engaged
3) Find more "me" time to take care of myself!

What are some of your goals? What has helped you make life changes?

Good luck! :smile:

Replies

• misslisaaahh
    misslisaaahh Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 23 and in my first year out. I'm working part-time, but until I get a career job I have more time to work on myself.

I started LDNM'S bikini guide v.3 about 6 weeks ago. It's a really fun lifting plan that has been really good for me: it encourages free weight lifting and has made it much easier to strength train and I've seen good measured results so far.

I enjoy clean eating as well and I think it's really easy if you like to cook. Making the switch to whole fat foods has helped a lot actually. I found that if I take a vitamin with a heavy fat breakfast, since vitamins are fat soluble, I feel energized longer and don't crave processed foods or sugars for the rest of the day.

Do you have a type of workout preference or plan you're already doing?
  • reneeanntorres
    reneeanntorres Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 23 and starting my second year of graduate school. The first year of my MA program was super stressful and intense. I started eating a ton of junk food and fast food, not getting enough sleep, relying on way to much coffee, and did not allow myself time to exercise and decompress.

I'm starting fresh though this summer. After traveling to central Europe and walking 10 miles a day and eating great local food I felt so much better. Now I'm trying to bring that feeling back to my everyday life.

My goal is to lose 20 lbs by eating better and exercising regularly. While I dislike the weight I've gained (and the fact that some of my clothes don't fit right) my main goal is to be happy and healthy. My family has a history of diabetes and heart disease. I figure making changes now will help in the future.

As far as exercising I'm starting out slow with walking around my neighborhood. I'm aiming to ramp up my work outs in the coming weeks.

Feel free to add me! I'd love to have support on here as well as give support!