Workout Check-in - Making fireworks in July!

Options

Replies

• Pickles175
    Pickles175 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I was just not going to be denied today!!

Workout B

Squats 5x5: 97.5lbs
    OHP 5x5 : 47.5lbs (Hell to the yeah!)
    DL 1x5: 100lbs (triple digits finally!)

Close Grip Bench Press 3x5: 42.5lbs
    Bicep Curls 2x8: 27.5lbs
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Some great work here ladies!!!

Lifted last night - am really starting to lag this week so will take next week off as my 8 weeks of stronglifts break and my 8 week break from my preworkout lol

Squat 5x5x145lbs
    Bench 5x5x90lbs
    Row 5x5x105lbs

Superset 5x5 of back and shoulder stuff - around 30mins worth....ouch
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    So... I left work and had an errand to run. I basically rushed through my errand so I could get to the gym. I knew going to the gym a bit later meant it would be busier, but I was totally ok with that.

So I get to the gym about 30 mins later than normal. No biggie. I walk in and some of the equipment is gone. (My gym location closes down on Friday at 8PM.) Ok, no worries since it was just some of the machines. I go to walk to the locker room to change and notice that some of the free weight stuff is missing too... mainly the power racks, benches, and barbells. Ok, now I'm getting mad. I go back and ask the staff if all of the barbells are gone already. They say yes. I just walked out, got to my truck, and burst into tears. It isn't worth crying over, but I did anyways.

I get home and the husband tries to be helpful. We end up figuring out that I can lift at his job today and Sunday, so I'm good until then. And next week will be lighter since it's taper week for my tri. After figuring that out, we decided to do a crossfit-style workout at home:
    Run/jog 0.5 miles
    -KB Swings x20
    -Push-ups x20
    -60# sandbag squats x10
    -Walking lunges w/ 20# KB x20
    -Sandbag stiff leg deads x20
    Did that 3 times, then jogged another 0.5 miles. For the first 0.25, the husband carried the 60# sandbag, and on the way back I did. It kicked my butt. And made the whole gym fiasco ok-ish. I was still peeved, but at least I got to release some of that frustration in a workout.
  • indianarose2
    indianarose2 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Lots of OHP angst to go around with these! I'll join that club.
    Squat 105# 5x5 (stayed here again since haven't been working out regularly will try to increase next time)
    OHP 50# x5 x3 x5 x5 x5 (hating on these - trying to concentrate on keeping everything tight & strong & using the little hip rock/spring that Rippetoe recommends but still HARD)
    DL 135# felt heavy but mostly to my grip. Going to try some chalk next time. 10# more to bodyweight!!
    Checked my progress on a strength standards chart and am have moved from "untrained" to "novice" on all lifts except for the bench press (progress!). Didn't know I was a bit behind on that one.
    Ran a mile on Tues (working on pace) and should run again today. Feeling very blah so need a kick in the pants...
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Early day lifting as it's another freight day at work. We're in the process of getting new photo machines so things are a little weird and my close shifts will feel different soon since the evening maintenance on the new machines is minimal in comparison to the old ones. Gym was busy since it was around 10 when I was lifting, so I had to wait some but not too much.

Workout B

low bar squat 3x5 @ 115 - kept to this one, not bad

overhead press 3x5 @ 60 - manageable though last couple were a push, like doing the 3 sets for it

deadlift 1x5 warm up @ 135 then 1x5 @ 155 - dropped weight down and will work up in increments of 5.

accessories:
    lat pulldown 3x10 @ 60 - fine, increasing reps then will increase weight
    bicep curl 3x8 @ 40 - tad too heavy, but 30 wasn't nearby so used the 40
    wrist curl 3x10 @ 12.5 - need to work on the wrists so added it back in
    shrugs 3x10 @ 27.5 - manageable

Now I'm eating food and getting ready for work so I can go move stuff around. Fun times.
  • Anniel88
    Anniel88 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I decided to try ICF at 3x5 today, which he recommends for cutting. I've been feeling taxed and I really want to start incorporating some more cardio for overall health. I enjoyed it and even though it was more stuff it seemed shorter.

Squats 3x5 at 105
    Bench Press 3x5 at 70 lbs
    Rows were awful. I tried for 85 lbs against my better judgement 3/3/4

Did all the accessories at light weights to get a feel for them.

Overall great workout and I almost skipped it to enjoy the great weather. My very supportive husband helped encourage me to go. <3
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Starting to get back in the habit of going to the gym finally!

Squats - 3x5 at 145 - bleh. I had major DOMs from Tues, and probably should have gone lighter. Form sucked and my hamstrings were tight and sore. I will repeat until I can get a nice 3x5.
    Bench - 3x5 at 70. Felt good. moving up.
    Rows - 3x5 at 75. Tried thumbless grip and liked it! I will stick with that grip while I can.

Pull ups - 2x2!!! One set of two (and a half) after bench, and another set of two after rows. Next time I will try and do the two sets closer together.

Shrugs - 3x8 at 60 lbs.
    Skullcrushers - 3x8 at 40 - so hard :(
    Barbell curl - 3x8 at 40. pretty hard
    Hyperextentions - 3x10 with 15 lbs. Going up to 20.
    Cable crunch - 3x10 at 50 lbs. Still hard.
    Hip thrusts 3x10 at 60.
  • awkwardsoul
    awkwardsoul Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I thought my back would be better by now, but it seems I've been having good days and bad days this week. I decided I'm going to lift, but no back stuff. All I need is to throw in some curls, and I'm bro'n it up as it's all chest and arm stuff until I get back to normal.

Bench Press - 2x5 45lbs, 5x5 75lbs - easy peasy. Taking a 50% deload seemed kinda nutty as that would put me at 50lbs, which seems overly easy.

Seated Military OHP 3x5 45lbs, 2x5 55lbs - I thought this was supposed to be easier than standing OHP but I had lots of trouble keeping shoulder tension and feeling stable throughout the movement.

Barbell Shrugs 2x5 45lbs 3x5 65lbs - I had no idea how much to lift here. 45lb was easy, so jumped to 65lbs and it was alright.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Yay! I got to lift. The husband helped me out and let me come up and use the stuff at his job. It was awesome having "my own" gym for a bit.

Workout A yesterday.
    Squats 6x5 at 160#.
    Bench 6x5 at 100#.
    Rows 6x5 at 100#.
    I decided to add a set to each of the exercises. I haven't been adding weight because I feel like I'm getting near to my max working weight where I'm at, so I'm going to add reps/sets to keep up the progressive overload. It went pretty well. The last set of squats was a lot more challenging than I expected, but they went up well. And bench at 100 felt a billion times lighter than 115. I am actually really happy I had to deload.
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Hill sprints this morning! 10x~75m, elevation of about 2.5-3 stories total (don't know what that translates to, but it's a pretty steep hill). There was a car in my way, too! How dare they! lol

didn,t go too well tbh. Felt like puking about halfway. The last few strides I felt like I was trying to propel an elephant forward. Need to lose weight and tighten this up. Shoulder still flared up. Giving it til the end of the weekend on mobility work and bodyweight = running. If it ain't better on monday, I'll go see the guy that helped with my knee. At least my insurance covers half of it.
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    Workout B:

Squat: 70lbs
    Bench: 55lbs - Hell of an improvement for me. Only a little struggle during the last few reps of the last set, but overall I felt really good about it.
    Row: 65lbs

Sit-up 10lbs medicine ball toss: 3x15
    Russian Twists with 8lbs medicine ball: 2x30
  • parkerpowerlift
    parkerpowerlift Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Squat: Hanging out at 145 lbs until form improves
    Thrusters: 75 lbs...because strictly OHP wasn't happening :(
    Deadlift: Hanging out at 145 lbs until I get more plates.
  • coltsgirl311
    coltsgirl311 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I was on Workout A today:

Squats, 5x5@90 lbs. Felt good, will move up to 95 lbs next time.

Bench, 5/5/4/4/4@70 lbs. These were really tough. I waited the full 3 minutes between on sets 1-3 and then the failure 5 minutes on the last sets and still couldn't get that fifth rep up. Oh well, as the app says, "failure is part of the game!" lol.

Rows, 5x5@70 lbs. These were tough, but got them all in.

Accessories: RDLs, 3x10@70 lbs; lunges, BW; calf raises, BW

Cardio: 30 minutes on the elliptical, 20 minutes running on the treadmill. It was super warm in my gym today so I sweated A LOT. Ready for some time on the river this weekend to cool off. :smiley:
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    I did work out B yesterday.

Squats: 5x5 @ 135 lbs. These were hard, but I got deep into the squats and could totally feel them today. I think that's a good thing.

OH Press: 5x8@ 45 lbs. Decided to stay at 45 lbs and did 8 reps just because. I may go up to 50 lbs. next week.

Deadlift: 5x5@ 145 lbs. So I've been using a riser while doing my deadlifts and I can really feel my abs today.

Cardio: 35 minute of intervals on the treadmills.

Food: BAD. I went over my macros. No wonder why I don't lose any weight.
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Still not running, just don't feel like it.
    Bench / Clean 5 day
    75 lbs x 5, 85 lbs x 5, 95 lbs x5 same for bench and clean
    75 lbs 5x8 for both for accessories
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Cardio day for me. 3.5 mile run, roughly since I go by time and am not 100 percent on the distance. The previous long ones were supposed to be 3 miles but I just did my 5k playlist, so I just added a 2 minute song to add a little distance. I'll probably add about 6 minutes every .5 mile added in the program.

On the annoying side, I'm having a slight reaction to the dairy I've consumed on a too regular basis. My hands are itchy (they end up itchy from scratching the random itches as my reaction can be a bit all over but didn't think at the time it might be starting up) and don't like the hot water. Going to have to cut out dairy for over a week to get the itchy factor to stop. Maybe less if I behave since I caught it a little earlier than usual this time, though I'm having dairy today so.. yeah. Tongue itches a tiny bit too now. Oops.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Last lift before my week off

Squat 5x5x150lbs
    Ohp 5x5x80lbs
    Deadlift 1x5x190 1x5x215lbs

Superset of bis, tris and abs 5x5 around 30mins worth.

Now some cardio today and then a rest week. Am so ready for this!
  • Pickles175
    Pickles175 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Workout A

Squats 5x5: 100lbs (woot!)
    BP: 5x5 : 60lbs
    Row: 5x5: 60lbs

Skullcrushers 2x8: 20lbs
    Modified pull ups 1x8 1x4 1x6: bw
  • indianarose2
    indianarose2 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Today was a good day. I was able to go up in each lift. Amazing what you can do when you actually get to do your workouts! Next week will be a week off due to vacation. Hopefully will do lots of walking.
    All 5x5
    Squat 110
    BP 70
    Row 75
    Walked 30 mins while watching BBC North & South on Netflix. I'm hooked. Too bad there are only 4 episodes available. Oh! And I ran 1.5 miles nonstop quite comfortably yesterday on my rest day. Haven't been able to do that in years!!
    Have a great weekend everyone!!
  • dennie24
    dennie24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone. I hope that it's alright if I start posting here with all of you. I have been lifting for the past 16 months. I made it through Stronglifts and quite a few cycles of 531; however, I ended up with a stress fracture in my right tibia and had to take some time off. I am just getting back to it and am attempting Madcow in hopes of getting my lifts up back to where they were. Anyway, I figured it would be nice to have like minded people to talk to. I am looking forward to getting to know all of you awesome ladies! Feel free to add me if you feel like it.
    Yesterday I did:
    Squat 5x45, 5x55, 2x5x70
    OHP 2x5x45, 5x50, 5x55
    Deadlift 5x90, 5x110, 5x125, 5x145
    Hip thrust 3x10x120