Any Plant based or vegan LGBT?

Options
karenkkj
karenkkj Posts: 7 Member
I watched Forks over knives and started eating plant based about a year and a half ago. My health is so much better and life is more fulfilling now. Would love to be friends with others who are passionate about eating plants, add me as a friend.

Replies

• schneizilla
    schneizilla Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    well...I'm more vegetarian then vegan. It's the cheese and from time to time some bakery...
  • JoeyFrappuccino
    JoeyFrappuccino Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm vegan as well. Haven't seen Forks Over Knives but I keep hearing about it, I'll have to see what it's about!
  • sunnycrash
    sunnycrash Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've been vegetarian for years and I'm transitioning into vegan :)
  • ossadsf
    ossadsf Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian, but once I'm no longer underweight I'm planning to stop eating dairy & see if I can safely cut out eggs.
  • peppermintcaroline
    peppermintcaroline Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian, transitioning towards vegan. Recently read the book "Skinny B****" and agree, a lot. Right now I still drink milk/eat eggs but only when I know where they come from (we have chickens at work, and some neighbors have cows where we can get raw milk), so at least I know how the animals are treated and that there are not antibiotics/hormones being used on them.
  • mxechelon
    mxechelon Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm vegan, mostly for ethical reasons after watching Earthlings over a year ago. I'll add you :blush:
  • feithne
    feithne Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian! I tried veganism first, for about a year and a half, but I just couldn't stick with it. Kudos to those of you who can, though! I wish I could say I'm also doing it for ethical reasons, but honestly I mostly started because I heard some absurd stereotype that "vegetarians are all gay women," and being pre-transition it sort of helped me feel closer to who I really am in some small way.

Now I mostly don't eat meat because meat is really gross.
  • GetSexyU
    GetSexyU Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I saw a Ted Talk on being a weekday vegetarian. So that's what I do:). I want to reduce my carbon footprint, but still be enjoy the things I love. I also am very careful about what animal products I buy and where they come from. I am 5'8 and currently at 198 trying to get to 155-160. I don't mind being friends if anyone wants request me. We got goals to reach so let's do it!
  • Alysia82
    Alysia82 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm working towards becoming vegan
  • zeroh13
    zeroh13 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian. I started back in February so I can be healthier.
  • illuvatree
    illuvatree Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian who eats mostly vegan, open to adding anyone!
  • MangoesAndTea
    MangoesAndTea Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian who has yet to become primarily vegan.
  • yorkshiregoal
    yorkshiregoal Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me... long time vegetarian here! My diary is open and I try to eat as 'clean' as possible for the most part :)
  • first78
    first78 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm omni, but try to mainly stick to veggie and vegan food...tofu piccata is a new favourite food! I'd love to make friends with other veggie/vegan folk
  • jubilee79
    jubilee79 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Late to the thread but I am a vegan. A fat one! I have to cut down on all the delicious food I eat which is why I'm here.
  • Byronic_Ryu
    Byronic_Ryu Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian who is hoping to become vegan by the end of next year.
  • Byronic_Ryu
    Byronic_Ryu Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I never saw Forks Over Knives but it is definitely on my list because many people make references to it.
  • bunnyghost
    bunnyghost Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    oh i still need to watch that :o & i've been vegetarian for 5 years almost 6 now! i'm like 90% vegan haha. i occasionally have things with milk in them tho
  • mandieinheels
    mandieinheels Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    trying to become vegetarian. I am a chef so I always have to try stuff. At home I have to eat one meal of meat a day, but the meals I control I am going veggie. I don't think I could ever do Vegan though
  • tarabole
    tarabole Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I try to follow a plan-based only diet most days and I try to never ever have dairy because it's so acidic and inflammatory and I feel and look terrible when I consume it.