Helpful tip for PB2 fans

Options
1Ginabb
1Ginabb Posts: 77 Member
Hey everyone, I am a huge fan of PB2. I eat it almost daily as a morning 'keep me going' I have a serving of PB2 (PF) and a banana (SC) and it holds me till lunch. As you all know PB2 can be pricey. I usually pay $4.68 for a jar at Walmart. Well, I was at Sam's last night and they had this huge 30 oz. container of PBFit for $9.98. I hadn't tried that one so I was a little scared, but it was actually better tasting than PB2. It also has a more realistic serving size. It stated on it's container that 3 Tablespoons of dry mix is comparable to 2 TB of reg. peanut butter. I did notice that when I mixed my 2 TB of dry PB2 with water it seemed to disappear a little and didn't look like 2 TB worth. So....anyways. Just a little information to help the pocketbook.

Replies

• Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I use this quite often, too. I really like it.
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Are the PBFit calories similar to PB2 (45 cal/2 tbsp)?
  • 1Ginabb
    Options
    It says 55 cals, which could because they suggest 3 TB of mix to make 2 TB of peanut butter. However, the container says a serving size is 2 TB, so I'm a little confused on that. However, for the money savings and better taste, I'll spare 10 cals. lol.
  • FunnyFit
    FunnyFit Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I saw PB2 at our local warehouse but I was not familiar with PB Fit. I compared labels and saw that it has slightly more calories as you mentioned and also slightly less sugar and sodium than PB2.

I love to add 12g of powdered pb to my spicy kung pao lunch cup. It thickens the sauce and curbs the spice. My favorite lunch of the moment.

I have tried to make a pb and j sandwich out of it, but I ALWAYS make it too runny...I just cannot mix it to a good consistency so I stick it in the fridge and wait for it to thicken up a little. Thanks for posting about the PB fit...I will have to check it out when I run out of PB2 ;)
  • Shie1
    Shie1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    That's too funny. I tasted the PBFit and didn't think it tasted as much like peanut butter as the PB2. But everyone's tastebuds are different. FunnyFit -- I add less water to the PB2 than is stated on the jar and stir with a chopstick. lol It comes out perfect. I have heard a lot of people add it to the kung pao. I've been meaning to try that...thank you for the reminder!
  • 1Ginabb
    Options
    Shie1 wrote: »
    That's too funny. I tasted the PBFit and didn't think it tasted as much like peanut butter as the PB2. But everyone's tastebuds are different. FunnyFit -- I add less water to the PB2 than is stated on the jar and stir with a chopstick. lol It comes out perfect. I have heard a lot of people add it to the kung pao. I've been meaning to try that...thank you for the reminder!

PB2 choc. is my downfall. I love it so much, I can't buy it. I can't control myself and will eat too much. PBFit doesn't make a choc that I know of...perhaps that's a good thing. lol.
  • perrychristina97
    perrychristina97 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love PB2 in the NS chocolate shake. I add one tbsp as a limited extra. Ok, now I'm hungry!