Is anyone else experiencing this?

Options
jove102
jove102 Posts: 68 Member
So I had surgery in January and I've lost about 100 pounds so far..now idk if it's because it's summer where I live or what but I'm telling you I can just not eat all day...like right now I'm sitting here in font of my breakfast and basically have to force myself to eat it...anyone else get like this?

Replies

• sinderstorm
    sinderstorm Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm the same way most of the time. If it wasn't for my kids bugging me for food (and therefore reminding me to eat) I probably would struggle with hitting my protein numbers. I'm decent on the water, but when it is hot, food isn't very appealing. I wish I had an answer, but you're not alone in this.
  • joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Yup...today it was 3:30 before I realized I didn't have lunch yet, and I have trouble meating my numbers as it is :(
  • authorwriter
    authorwriter Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    yes, especially if I'm busy with something. It doesn't seem possible the hours without eating go by so fast
  • jove102
    jove102 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I had stopped the extra shake because I wanted to keep losing...my dietician told me to add it again because I am not eating enough calories
  • Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Nope. But I am 18 months out. I get plenty hungry and I have no trouble eating at all. Hunger returned for me at about 6 months out.
  • 5BeautifulDays
    5BeautifulDays Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    LOL...not wanting to eat. Hahahah.

I'm almost 11 months out and I like food. :) I'm also pretty active (I run 20-25 miles a week and strength train), so thankfully I burn it off!

I've lost 115 lbs, but the last 20 or so to get to "normal weight" are going to be a bear.
  • blairmundy
    blairmundy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I had sleeve in Feb and this happens to me. However, I can feel things starting to change. There have been a couple of times I've felt a little hungry in the last few weeks, it's not too difficult to eat a whole yogurt and now I can swallow bigger amounts of liquid at once. So I'm finally starting to believe people when they say there is a honeymoon that doesn't last forever.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I was that way for quite a while, and like blair said, it definitely does change. For me, at about a year out it changed dramatically. There are still times though when I get busy or preoccupied and I have to remind myself to eat something. The honeymoon really doesn't last forever. For me, losing was easy, learning to manage and maintain at a lower weight has been the challenge.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I was like that for about the first year. Now, at 4 years out, I sometimes forget to eat if I'm really busy and I also get like that, feel like I have to force myself, if I'm stressed or upset. It all changes and improves as time goes by.
  • JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I get that shaky feeling if I don't eat, when I get like that I know I need to eat something, good thing I have plenty of good choices around so I can eat when I need to.
  • TN_Tinker
    TN_Tinker Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite problem. I am 4 months out and about 60-90 minutes after I eat I am hungry again and it's been this way since surgery. I have to fill up on flavored water to make it to my next meal. I have had no honeymoon. I can only eat a few ounces at a time and I meet my numbers just fine, but I am ALWAYS hungry it seems. I have just learned to live with the fact this is just the way it is going to be if I want to be thin.
  • mycatsnameisbug
    mycatsnameisbug Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    TN tinker- me and you are in the same boat sister! I too was hungry from day one. Not acid, not head hunger. My surgeon and I talked and I now split my meals in two and eat 6x a day. Definitely helps keep hunger at bay and I can sustain a decent amount of activity.
  • TN_Tinker
    TN_Tinker Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    TN tinker- me and you are in the same boat sister! I too was hungry from day one. Not acid, not head hunger. My surgeon and I talked and I now split my meals in two and eat 6x a day. Definitely helps keep hunger at bay and I can sustain a decent amount of activity.

I will call and ask about doing just that tomorrow. Thanks
  • janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    ^^^ I am with these 2. I am hungry. I could certainly eat more than I do. I am 7 months out and eat 1344 cals/day but it is working and I am losing. I have actually increased my fat intake recently which is helping.