FINALLY in the 260s

Options
authorwriter
authorwriter Posts: 323 Member
Hi everybody. I got sleeved 5-13-14. My high weight was 350. I think my day of surgery weight was 343 or something like that. Today, 14 months or so after my surgery, I finally kissed the 260s at 269.8.

Honestly, if there were a prize for the slowest weight loss post-sleeve for somebody following the program, I'd leave ya all in the dust!

And that's why I got sleeved. Because I have no metabolism. Because my mobility has been compromised for years by crippling back issues. It was the only way to stop an upward progression which was giving me high blood pressure, and raising my a1C (is that how you say it?)

My immediate goal is 240. I keeping thinking that's the weight I was after I delivered my twins almost 19 years ago and when I was in shock to see how much I had to lose post-pregnancy. It will symbolize an upper limit I'd never have believed. But I look at other goals in the interim. 269 or a little more was where I was when I did the HCG diet back in 2008. It worked for about 25 pounds, then I gained it back. So now, I'm going to descend through those 25 pounds and I'll never see them again. So long as I stay to the program, I'd have to work pretty hard at eating enough for me to put on weight. So long as I stick to protein, lean meats, yogurt and veggies and sometimes fruit, I'd have to eat until I was sick for days on end to put on weight.

So that's what the sleeve has given me. I may be slow as molasses, but it gives me the confidence that I can do this and I'll never see those big numbers again.

So, thanks for listening. I'm so happy to be in a more normal 'fat' range! Yes, it sounds ridiculous, but...there you have it.

Have a great day, everybody! Go forth!

Replies

• Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress! :)
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    You may be in first place for the slowest weight loss, but I'm a really close second! :) You are really doing great!
  • JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    you are doing wonderful, it takes time and as long as that molasses is moving no matter how slow, you are winning. Just keep up the good work and you will get there. Congrats on the progress so far. You are a rock star!
  • badhair56
    badhair56 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    remember the tortise and the hair, slow and steady wins the race. as long as you're losing, you're winning
  • thinnerrugger
    thinnerrugger Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    If you struggle with metabolism and exercise and back pain, "Go To The Water" and don't worry about the bathing suit thing. The weight will fall off of you. Find a water walking class to start. Just 15 minutes of water walking = 1 hour on land. Your strength will improve with each class. The results are virtually immediate and you will feel weightless! Please consider this and, really, don't think about the bathing suit thing. Go To The Water! and good luck!!
  • joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Yahoo and congrats!!! Be proud and like others have said time doesn't mean a dang thing - you are a superstar!
  • janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your accomplishment and perserverance. You are making lifetime changes.
  • authorwriter
    authorwriter Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody! I don't worry about the bathing suit thing. Whenever I'm in the position to get into a pool, I take it. Lately, my back's been in really good shape. So I've been cleaning more and walking and what not. That helps and makes me feel better. Weird thing, every day, I fight that 'I want a piece of cake' thing, or a croissant, or something like that. Yesterday, I was returning from a long drive and I kept my hands on the wheel and telling myself, 'You are NOT going to stop at the grocery store and get fried chicken.'

These passing cravings are not insurmountable, obviously, and they don't make me unhappy, but it is funny to me that they happen all the time. I remember the scale, however, and remind myself that caving may be the start of another really long stall and the impulse will pass.
  • weeziebeth
    weeziebeth Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on great progress in the midst of significant challenges! You're doing great, just keep looking and pressing forward. Oohhhhh that 'i wanna piece of cake' or cookie or chips or whatever-ain't it the devil! Temptation will always be there, sometimes you will push through, sometimes you may give in....and sometimes you might indulge (very different from 'giving in'). Know this--you are in a better place that you were when you started all this and you may have further to go, but take joy in the accomplishment thus far.