Research Project Questions

Options
therealpatrick
therealpatrick Posts: 14 Member
I am working on a research project and I need your input if you are willing to give it.
Other than MFP, what fitness apps/websites/devices do you use? Do you link your apps and devices together so that they share information automatically? Do you use one app as your primary method of tracking information, or do you regularly use more than one app to track various goals?

Feel free to comment here or friend me so that we can talk in private message if that is better for you.

Replies

• mmfit15
    mmfit15 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I bought a Misfit Shine and linked it into MFP, but it started posting nonsensical calorie credits, so I unlinked it. After trying it for a week independently, I realized for me adding an activity tracker was threatening my work on MFP by making things overly complicated. I didn't want any calorie credits for activity; so I'm using MFP to control calories, and then burn at least 100 calories/day by going to the gym and running on a treadmill 1.25 miles or doing some other activity. Sometimes I use the Exercise database to see what an activity might burn off to get an idea. I suppose as I continue in this process, I might find it a necessary tool, but as a beginner this isn't the right time. I also used it to track sleep, but read various research articles revealing that accelerometers can't really identify deep sleep (or even sleep totals in general, often being an hour off), and the graphs weren't matching my experience. So I realized I just wanted to track total sleep by myself without a device. Keep it simple is becoming my mantra...
  • KenziesFrenzies
    KenziesFrenzies Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I use MFP to track my calorie intake, and to log my workouts.
    But to log my workouts accurately, I wear a HRM (Polar FT4 watch & chest strap) during my workouts, so I know exactly how many calories I've burned. I log that info to MFP afterwards. :)

I also wear a FitBit Charge, but it's mostly for the social aspect. I don't wear it when running, because then MFP will sync the steps (and calorie burn), when I've already input the calories from the HRM.

Unnecessary information, but my dream device would be something that counts my steps (& floors climbed, etc.), tracks my sleep, tells the time, and functions as a HRM with a chest strap attachment (because I don't trust the wrist readings), and all syncs to MyFitnessPal.... That's compatible with Windows phones. *sigh*
  • velveteen7845
    velveteen7845 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    This is the only health and weight related app/site I use.