Is it ok to just say hi?

Options
bakerkate221
bakerkate221 Posts: 52 Member
I hope so, because... Hi! =)
I'm Kate, 31 years old, living in Iowa.

I just did my first StrongLifts workout yesterday, so I was excited to find this group. I went to the gym a week or so ago and tried some of the exercises (armed with printouts from the StrongLifts website), but I was so intimidated that I didn't really do much.

Fortunately, I was able to get a free session with a personal trainer at a different gym, so he checked my form and gave me tips. I was able to go to my gym yesterday, on my own, and do the exercises properly. I'm really excited! I was just using the bar and focusing on form, but my legs were a bit wobbly afterward.

Replies

• indianarose2
    indianarose2 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I started with the bar only also. You'll be surprised at how you will progress!!
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options

sure it's okay. hi back :)

first workout is a big step, so congratulations. there's always a daily-workout checkin thread going and you're welcome to dive into that too and report yours if you feel like it. it's not expected, but don't feel shy if you like the idea.
  • bakerkate221
    bakerkate221 Posts: 52 Member
    Options

sure it's okay. hi back :)

first workout is a big step, so congratulations. there's always a daily-workout checkin thread going and you're welcome to dive into that too and report yours if you feel like it. it's not expected, but don't feel shy if you like the idea.

Thanks! I'll be sure to check it out.
  • coltsgirl311
    coltsgirl311 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You will get addicted to lifting, I know I did! :smiley: