Coffee

Options
mscote12
mscote12 Posts: 220 Member
Okay. So I am on day 6 of week 1, round 1 of the 21 day fix.
Before I started this program, I would have 1 cup of coffee in the morning with two flavored creamers.
Obviously the flavored creamers are a no-go with this program and I only remember seeing stevia as a sweetener for coffee or tea. Now, I have gone 6 days with no coffee..which is crazy since I cherish that 1 cup a day. However, I miss my coffee...I love the coffee! So maybe you guys have some insight on what I can use in replace of my flavored creamers? I have never used stevia but isn't it just a sugar replacement? I like cream in my coffee....any suggestions?

I mean, I have made it this far with no coffee but I do not want to LIVE without it...I can't imagine one cup with my creamers is really that horrible for me but I am open to trying alternatives.

**posts discussion as she sips her green tea this morning**...its just not the same! lol

Replies

• jpkrueger
    jpkrueger Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I use a little almond milk in mine....it's "unsweetened" but for me the natural sweetness is enough. And it makes it nice and creamy. I've heard people say they blend some coconut oil into their coffee which is sweet and creamy, but I haven't tried that.
  • mscote12
    Options
    I acutally just bought unsweetened almond milk to use in my protein shakes this week....so maybe I will try that. Thanks!
  • SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I made no change/sacrifice in my morning cup of coffee. I use half & half organic milk and Stevia. If that affected my success it was worth the small sacrifice of having my coffee my way. I have an envelope in my smashbook of several ways I cheated while doing Round 1 of 21 Day Fix.
  • germany03
    germany03 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    @mscote12 no change to my coffee here - except it's not starbucks every other day anymore (cha ching money in the bank :) )
    Still adding half and half and pure cane sugar to my coffee. I'd rather loose the weight a little slower than go without my coffee just the way I like it.
  • ketorach
    ketorach Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I drink black most of the time. But, on occasion, when I had iced coffee, I would put in a measured tablespoon of heavy cream. I think I'll have mostly black and add 1tsp or 1/2T of cream no more than once a week for iced coffee. I know it's not compliant but it's a tiny indiscretion. :-)
  • dawnkwiatek
    dawnkwiatek Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I drink my coffee black, but I agree....if you are having one cup a day - I wouldn't worry too much about it. This is a lifestyle, not a diet - you need to live :)
  • Colleen020
    Colleen020 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've used stevia and it's a more natural supplement for sugar as opposed to equal or sweet and low. But recently I have been using honey and almond milk to substitute for sweetness in my coffee.
  • mscote12
    Options
    Sooo I tried Almond Milk and maybe its because I bought the unsweetened kind or maybe I didn't use enough....but it did not do the trick lol
  • SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    @mscote12 I looooove almond milk. I've used it in almost everything from tea to my protein shakes to whatever. And I busy the unsweetened kind and . . . in my coffee? NO! I have to have organic half & half. Not even organic whole milk will do. So yeah. Almond milk wouldn't cut it for me either. You are not alone.
  • venuila
    venuila Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    When I first started I went from milk and sugar to almond milk and sweetener. Definitely takes some getting used to. Now I drink it with just two sweetener. Yum:)
  • chesves
    chesves Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I use stevia (like it better actually) and a fat free/sugar free creamer (15 calories a TB) ---- International Delights makes it. :) I like a sweet coffee .... it's more like a dessert beverage
  • mscote12
    Options
    I love the almond milk in my shakes....but yeah not for coffee lol I'll have to try some other stuff to find the right balance :) Thanks for everyone's input!!
  • wardiemelissa
    wardiemelissa Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I like using about 1/4 cup coconut milk and 2 packets of stevia. Coconut milk seems to give it a little sweeter taste...it is unsweetened though but I'd assume the red 70 calories a cup one wouldn't be too bad either...not home and can't remember what So Delicious one that is. I usually buy the green but hubby accidentally bought red this time.
  • mscote12
    Options
    I actually picked up a So Delicious cocounut milk-french vanilla coffee creamer...and it does the trick. It is obviously not as yummy as my flavored creamers I was using before the fix, but...its drinkable and really not bad at all. Yay for finding a solution so I can enjoy my morning coffee haha