Indiana Gal with over 150 lbs to lose

Options
315tohealthy
315tohealthy Posts: 9 Member
Hey all!

My name is Kristina. I am 28, happily married, 1 beautiful 10 year old daughter, and weigh 311 lbs. My heaviest weight has been 318. My goal weight is 150, though my ultimate goal is really to be happy and healthy.

I would love to have friends on here who are active, encouraging, and can keep me accountable.

Thanks so much for reading - I'll post a longer intro on my blog!

Kristina

Replies

• teresa4757
    teresa4757 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi Kristina! Im 28 and from indianapolis also, I sent you a friends request. :)
  • jaims224
    jaims224 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Welcome Kristina! Congratulations on starting your journey. :)
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Welcome, sent friend request, and our weight story is similar. My heaviest on med chart was 319. I don't have an goal weight because I have no point of reference as a healthy weighted adult, so that's a wait and see. Going to bounce over and check out the blog!
  • klbaierwalter
    klbaierwalter Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Hi Kristina, I am from Muncie, but now live near the Angola area. I have lost 35 pounds, feel free to add me!
  • juliebeckham81
    juliebeckham81 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Kristina! I am from Ingalls. My weight loss goal is 100lbs. Feel free to add me. :)
  • aSearch4Me
    aSearch4Me Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Also an Indiana gal. I have around 100 to lose. Feel free to add me if you would like :) .
  • HeidiSmith419
    HeidiSmith419 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Was 360 at my highest. Have lost almost 175lbs. Still creeping along with a new PCOS specific diet now.
  • JustMe2C
    JustMe2C Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi, Kristina! I live in Illinois now, but was born in IN and that's where all my family still live. I still call it home after all these years. :)

Friend request coming your way.
  • anticrombieval87
    anticrombieval87 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Kristina, I am 28 as well. I also have 150 lbs to lose, but I am from Virginia. I am happily married to my best friend from high school, but my PCOS and Obesity is keeping me from being able to start a family. Wish I could motivate or be motivated to get on it. My highest weight was 335lbs and that was Feb 2014. I lost 45 lbs by October of 2014 for my wedding... I kept the weight off until I broke my leg and ankle in Feb 2015, and ballooned back up to 325lbs. :( would love to have to friends to help stay motivated!
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm in the burbs of Chicago...close, but not IN. I don't care how much I lose at this point - just want to keep losing until I feel like I am where I want to be. I would guess that's about 15-20 pounds from where I'm at now. My highest was 235 and I'm around 173 right now. It's always a struggle with the PCOS on the back burner...I started losing weight like 8 years ago. It's been a long, frustrating, educational road. Hopefully it's not another 8 to where I want to be, but whatever. I'll just keep trying...good luck :)
  • tiffa77
    tiffa77 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    just sent a friend request. I am 38 with about 75 to lose. Its hard but i know that it can be done. Just need to apply oneself. This app is really good for that too.
  • SaoirseLass
    SaoirseLass Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm on a similar weight loss journey and hope to friend some of you. I'm almost 2 weeks into it and grateful for the support of this app and those using it! Keep pushing on.
  • aksunrae
    aksunrae Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    There are so many Indiana girls! I'm one too! I'm 36 and live in Greencastle.
    My big weight loss goal is to lose about 145 lbs, but, like you, I just want to feel healthy and really like the person I see in the mirror......oh yeah, I'd really like to be able to shop at more stores! Fat girl clothes are seriously either sad, or expensive and it's tough to pay $50+ for a shirt that I hope to shrink out of soon.
    I'll send you a friend request and if anyone else wants to be friends....feel free to add me!
  • rynneeSDSD
    rynneeSDSD Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • LO1421
    LO1421 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group!!
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I am surprised at how many Indiana girls are here! I am an Indiana transplant from Huntington Beach California actually. Love it here, live in the middle of corn/soy bean fields between Notre Dame and Purdue North Central.

Hard to find doctors in our area tho because most are in Chicago, about 45 minutes north of me, but of course being in Indiana my insurance would rather me go to Indianapolis, which is almost 4 hours away instead of Chicago.

Plus side, love night time walks with cows, horses and corn fields whispering in the breeze.
  • toadqueen
    toadqueen Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I've been through Indiana a few times, stopping once on a Greyhound in Indianapolis and once slept overnight in a Walmart parking lot during a cross country road trip. My son almost went to Earlham College, great school! Does that count at all?

@HeidiSmith419 can you share the PCOS specific diet on a separate thread? I've had it for years but was diagnosed before some of you were born and never treated.