Feeling guilty and exhausted!

Options
GinetteMac
GinetteMac Posts: 171 Member
I am presently working two jobs,my old one which is finally finished on Wednesday and I can say i'll be happy to leave and my new job for a couple hours a day for training and start full time beginning of August. I am exhausted, I walk to and from both jobs and am dragging my butt by the time I get home so have no energy to log on or catch up.. By the end of next week I should be down to one job (scary so much to learn) but i'm hoping it will be a very good move for me! with the busy schedule food has not been very good decision wise but trying to get back on track this week!

Replies

• leeyuhsee
    leeyuhsee Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh, I'm drained from reading all of that! Take it easy on yourself, and trust that you'll start making healthier choices when you can.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    That does sound exhausting. I find when I'm super busy it helps to make sure I am eating enough food, which often means I need to actually increase the amount of calories I get for that time. It also helps to make sure that the only food options I have are healthy ones, so I keep a supply of healthy snacks that I can just grab if I need extra energy for the day.
  • BevSmith0142
    BevSmith0142 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Man I just lost my post! Okay will try this again.

Don't be too hard on yourself Ginette, we've all been there. When you are tired and have a lot going on it's very hard to keep up the discipline to organize, plan and prep all your meals. I find for myself this is the KEY to success. The weekend is fast approaching so if you can spend an hour or two in the kitchen prepping stuff for the next several days you'll be away to the races again. It can be as simple as prepping some salad stuff and packaging it up ready for meals/snacks. Precooking some chicken or ground beef etc, pasta, and rice to be added quickly to meals next week, making a couple of soups you can take for lunches, etc. During this time you will want to manage your eating even more otherwise you are going to feel the demands even more. You are almost there - one more week to go and things start to settle down for you again. With all that extra walking you may be in for a pleasant surprise with some lost inches too! Don't get discouraged - keep going - we'll be here to cheer you on! :)
  • GinetteMac
    GinetteMac Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Well I was making bad decisions at work as I have so many choices now that I work downtown so going out to buy junk instead of bringing my lunch but the other girls in the office have decided to lose weight so I need to get back to it as well. I bought a thermos to bring soup with the cold weather coming and bought 35 calorie yogurts for my snacks so i'm hoping I can be good again, and making fresh foods and trying out new recipes again. I need to stop going to parties and doing the drinking while there, that's what's really hurting me. We went out with friends friday and had too much food and alcohol and yesterday we had a dinner party and made all kinds of food and the wine and drinks flowed. But happy to report among all that food i'd made vegetarian stuffed peppers and a spinach bake and salmon among all the other stuff i'd made. So I ate the lighter stuff instead of the ham, scalloped potatoes and rice among other things. So i'm trying to get back on track!