Looking for GF friends

Options
MaggieSporleder
MaggieSporleder Posts: 428 Member
While not new to the site, I did fall off the wagon and am restarting my weight loss journey. I've been Gluten free for over 5 years now and would really love some active Gluten Free friends to share the journey with. Please feel free to friend me. :smiley:

Replies

• Anniel88
    Anniel88 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I have been gluten free for a little over 2 years since my diagnosis. I am trying to lose a little bit of weight and get more active.
  • LibbyErinGalt
    LibbyErinGalt Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Please add me! New to gluten free - 4 months. I've lost 40 lbs over the past two years by completely changing my eating habits and being more active.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Sent a friend request - welcome back to MFP!
  • mmebouchon
    mmebouchon Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Hi feel free to add me too. Anyone interested in sharing GF recipe ideas that are healthy? I have been GF for approx 5 yrs. problem for me is I don't seem to be able to eat any of the store / restaurant gf foods. I am thinking I might have a problem with the xantham gum.
  • EGSx2
    EGSx2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Looking for gluten free friends! Mom of 2 little ones. This is a new journey for me!
  • dancingnancies
    dancingnancies Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    would love to add some gf friends too! was on mfp a couple of years ago and lost about 50lbs. then had two back surgeries and gained 60+. my pt suggested going gf due to the inflamation from my surgeries. please feel free to friend me! xoxo :)
  • KatiAuchinleck
    KatiAuchinleck Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Anyone interested in sharing the GF journey, please add me!
  • totallyawake
    totallyawake Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey there all ... I have been eating GF since 2005 when I finally got a Celiac confirmation via biopsy but have still be struggling with auto immune issues, weight and overall feeling healthy so last week I decided I am going to try a month of totally 'grain free' eating and see if that helps ~ wondering if most of the things labelled 'gluten free' today are just not 'free enough' for my Celiac tolerance.

It's been just over a week and I have already lost 6 pounds and loving the increased energy and my skin is starting to feel like I no longer want to crawl out of it with such vigour!

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    @totallyawake, do you have issues with the gums used in a lot of GF baked goods? that's the obvious one if you are still having issues. Also a lot of people with Celiac disease cannot handle dairy either. Just a thought.
  • mmebouchon
    mmebouchon Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    For years when I went out I would treat myself to some gf food that I wouldn't normally eat and then I would spend the night rolling around in pain. I kept thinking it was contamination at the restaurant. But I am pretty sure now it is the gums in the gf food. It is definitely worth giving them up as a test, along with the dairy as canadjineh suggested.
  • mandylynnie
    mandylynnie Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    please anyone feel free to add me. I have Celiacs and appreciate encouraging friends as I cannot gain weight with my malnutritioned, damaged gut and struggle to eat enough food.
  • Anne_Nic
    Anne_Nic Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I just sent requests to you all. It will be nice to have some gluten free friends here on MFP. I have been gf since May of this year when the doctor said it was a necessity.
  • becbo22
    becbo22 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have Celiac as well and love to cook. I've lost 46 pounds and would like to lose at least 54 more.
  • becbo22
    becbo22 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Please add me!
  • liltrenton
    liltrenton Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have been gluten free since May, 2015 after over a year of trying to figure out what was wrong with me...my doctor finally sent me to a gastro doctor...since I lost so much weight I figured I would try to loose the last bit of weight I want to loose...so add me if you like
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Gluten free newbie here