Healthy Eats

Options
agreenid
agreenid Posts: 218 Member
Hello! Just thought I would share a couple recipes that have helped make low-cal dinners filling and delicious.

If you like Salmon you gotta try the Quinoa Salmon Burgers over at skinnytaste. They are great over salad or grilled/steamed veggies. And super filling. I made a full recipe of patties and then froze 4 of them uncooked (wrapped in saran wrap and placed in freezer bags) and made 2 last night in the oven. They might even be better than the first time...

Also from that site but slightly altered... Spicy Pork with Mango Salsa. Made it multiple times since with chicken for a lower cal option. Also delicious over salad!

What are your favorite summertime dinners?

Replies

• DarinGettingHawtin2013
    DarinGettingHawtin2013 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    My obsession of late has been roasting vegetables. My dear one has been very accepting of all the roast carrots I've been serving for dinner since I've begun the lifestyle changes. :smiley: But seriously, roasted vegetables taste awesome, and they're so easy to make! All you have to do is wash, peel and/or cut them, then spray them with extra virgin olive oil spray and whatever seasoning you want, and into the oven! Stir them a few times, and a little while later, you have a great dish.

A great website about my obsession is this one http://www.cooksmarts.com/cs-blog/2012/04/how-to-roast-vegetables/ which talks about some great tips about different veggies you can roast (including roasting times and temps) plus some great seasoning combos. HIGHLY recommend!!!!
  • healthymom131
    healthymom131 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I need some new ideas for dinner, getting tired of the same stuff!