7/26/2015 Check In!

Options
Zellybelly06
Zellybelly06 Posts: 9 Member
How has your week been? What have you done well and what do you need to improve on? Is there something in particular that you are struggling with?

Replies

• Zellybelly06
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I have had an interesting week. I wasn't able to work out as much as I wanted due to a big paper I had. I ate better this week and I have already prepared meals for next week so I feel good about that. I lost a lbs this week but I know I will have to workout more if I want to lose another this week. I also visited the doctor and I have been diagnosed with Pre-Diabetes, so now I have an extra reason to lose weight and control the sugar I eat. I am working on increasing the veggies in my diet.

What about you all? What do you think?
  • brittanyhope7
    brittanyhope7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Im pretty impressed with my week last week! I logged every single day. Although i did have a cheat day in there i still kept track of everything. I also cut out snacking all the time. I allow myself small healthy snacks when im actually hungry. Not just when I'm bored. I also exercised 3 times this week. Which is more than i have excersised in months. So im pretty happy with that. One thing i do need to work on is cutting out the liquid calories and my weekend habits. I went out both Friday and Saturday nights with friends for lunch and beers. Need to keep that under control. Blowing my entire week over a couple of lunches seems silly.
  • Zellybelly06
    Options
    That sounds wonderful Brittany. I want to see you continue that momentum you have going into next week. One thing that prevents me from drinking liquid calories is drinking lots of tea and ice cold water. There is something about drinking really cold water that really quenches my thirst. I also make a ginger tea with lemon from raw ginger and it helps me start the day right i guess. You should give it a try if you think you would like that. I want to keep my workouts more consistent.
  • Megan__Marie
    Megan__Marie Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I over slept and didn't make the Sunday morning 9am check in like I had planned. I completely forgot about it until I started walking on the treadmill at the gym. I hope it's not too late to check in with you guys. I wanted to say congrats to both Zellybelly and Brittany on your successful progress for the week! Nice weight loss week Zellybelly! And keep up the great job you've been doing with the logging and exercise Brittany!

My week went okay. I could have done a little better than what it did, but I'm still doing better than before. I only made it to the gym once this week. But I tracked and logged my food every single day as well. Went out with family and friends last night and still managed to stay within my calories and only went over in carbs. I won't know how well I did just yet since I like to weigh myself on Mondays. My goals for the week are to try to find the time to become more physically active in my daily life, and to make sure I stay within my carb, calorie, and sugar goals.
  • fitby44
    fitby44 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hello all! Good for you on staying on track last night, Megan. Congrats on the great week, Brittany. I try to drink only water and tea unless it's my cheat meal and then I will allow myself a boozy drink once a week. Sorry to hear about the pre-diabetes, Giselle. I am actually following the Insulin Resistance Diet to avoid diabetes. I have to go for blood work in late August, and I'm wondering if I am there too. Exercise is also a great way to put off diabetes (from what I hear).

I had the worst week I've had in months. The weather has been awful where I am (east coast of Canada): cold and rainy. Monday I decided to take my bike out anyway. I'm an avid cyclist. I cycle anywhere between 10 and 20 hours a week when I can. I went out Monday and had the worst fall I've had so far. I was doing about 30km/hr downhill and took a corner too quickly on wet pavement. Down I went. Thank goodness for bike helmets! I lay there and was grateful that my head was okay, I still had all my teeth, and nothing seemed broken. :smile: I did scrape myself up and had landed on my shoulder. As a result, I had to take it easy for the rest of the week until today. I did get some walking in, but it just wasn't the same.

Also, my eating was not good for a lot of this week. I spend the summer in a campground full of friendly people who all wanted to help when they found out about my bike accident. Lots of treats were sent my way.

Anyway, I was able to cycle again today and was out for an hour and a half. My shoulder feels a bit sore, but is much improved.

I am looking forward to a healthy week ahead.