I just had HSCT(Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant)

Options
Ksc1269
Ksc1269 Posts: 19 Member
I am finally back on MFP. My MS got worse and I accidentally found an article about HSCT. I made it my job to have the procedure. I went to Israel and had the procedure done in May. It has an 80% chance of stopping the disease. My walking/foot drop improved the week after my transplant. The Chemo did make me lose some weight, but not anywhere close enough. So, I am back here for help!

Replies

• emperson1
    emperson1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm very interested to hear about your treatment and recovery. I have recently been dx'd myself and came here looking to see how and if anyone has modified their diet successfully, but this treatment is something I'm interested in hearing about as well.
  • JackieHajji
    JackieHajji Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have an evaluation next month in Chicago for HSCT. How are you doing now? Do you continue to see improvement in your health? Really hopeful!
  • Shannmfp11
    Shannmfp11 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with MS nearly 8 years ago. I am very interested in learning more about HSCT. Ksc1269 how are you doing now since the transplant? I see my neurologist and I am going to ask about this!!
  • hartland45
    hartland45 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have an evaluation next month in Chicago for HSCT. How are you doing now? Do you continue to see improvement in your health? Really hopeful!

• hartland45
    hartland45 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm interested too though I've been doing well on Tysabri over the last 6 years. (Have had MS over 30 years).
    My foot drop has recently got quite a bit worse.
    I've also put back about 8 of the 20kg I had lost with the help of MFP. So depressing, struggling with getting back on the downward track.
  • Ksc1269
    Ksc1269 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry! I never saw any of your replies! I was just browsing and found my old post!
    We believe my HSCT was a success. I'm back at the gym and have had some great small improvements. Please friend me here if you have any questions! Or my email is mkcampbells@gmail.com