Support me!

Options
NicoleB0830
NicoleB0830 Posts: 60 Member
I am 27 years old and 275 pounds. i have PCOS and am trying to lose weight so I can try to have a baby ( which we are more than ready for) I am looking for motivational friends to help me along my jouney!

Replies

• LO1421
    LO1421 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Consider yourself supported!!! I sent you a PM. You got this Nicole!
  • toadqueen
    toadqueen Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    You have my support too. I did not know that I had PCOS until after I had my son. I had never heard of it. I was overweight, but not yet obese at that time. I tried to conceive for 3 years and then gave up and that is when I got pregnant. It was at a point where I lost 10 lbs. I do not remember my diet at the time but I do know I was trying to lose weight. It was 28 years ago. Since that time I think there has been much more research and treatment options available.

I wish you all the best!
  • NicoleB0830
    NicoleB0830 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ladies! We have been letting nature take its course up until recently when we actually have tried to conceive, we know it will take some time, and my doctor has been supportive of it, but I know losing weight wont hurt. Plus I want to be the best mom and wife I can be, and that means being healthier than I am now.
  • chardh
    chardh Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You are more then welcome to add me, I am a few years older but close to the same weight and trying to lose weight as I too have PCOS and would like to have children in a few years.
  • sunnyj81
    sunnyj81 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you Nicole! Feel free to add me ladies!
  • I_run_4cupcakes
    I_run_4cupcakes Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat too. My husband and I recently decided to stop trying for kids for a while until we both got our health back under control. I'm hopeful that losing some of the weight will help when we start again.
  • KatFletcher
    KatFletcher Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hay ladies. Found out today why I'm not conceiving. :-( sigh.
    Just starting my research. Will be adding a few of you for the support.
  • toadqueen
    toadqueen Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    (((((HUGS)))))
  • alfiedn
    alfiedn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I'm a similar age and also trying to get pregnant. We started working with a reproductive endocrinologist just as my husband lost his job! We've done a lot of the testing and are hoping that he'll be employed again soon so we can get this show on the road (and, you know... Being able to support our lifestyle is a good idea, too! Haha)!

At this moment, it's not such a bad thing that I practically have built in birth control, but we haven't really stopped trying.
  • Uneeknitter
    Uneeknitter Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    11 years of marriage and 10 years of not using birth control. I have swung from 155(pre-marriage weight) to 212+ lbs (just this past spring) on and off over the years. Never got pregnant though. We gave that up many years ago. I have lost 23 lbs since May and am still losing. My diary is open so feel free to check it out and friend me if you like.
  • mhulgan
    mhulgan Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I will send you a friend request :). I'm 33, and I have two kids. One came miraculously easy when I was 25 lbs overweight and before I had my pcos diagnosis. Two took three years of TTC, two miscarriages, diagnosis with PCOS, going on Metformin, and losing 30 lbs. I lost the weight by cutting sugar and intensely exercising (spin class, water aerobics, boot camp) five days a week. Best wishes to you and your partner!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I had difficulties conceiving my daughter, but my PCOS went into raging overdrive after she was born. Apparently the flood of hormones just made everything worse!