Weekly Chat July 26- Aug 1

Options
SeeAhtter787
SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
Another week......Another success story.......

Replies

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Going to see our grandson today. I just finished breakfast with some granola, greek yogurt(plain) and a peach from our
    local fruit stands.

Have a great day and keep on doing what you are doing and hope to see some results.

• Eninad
    Eninad Posts: 204 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    My body is actively fighting this set point. I knew it would. I'm currently 200.8, but tomorrow is an official weigh and I'm just hoping I can push past this wall. Like I said, I saw Onderland, but it didnt stick yet, so it is not an official number.

In preparation for dealing with the slower loss pace of this challenge I took tape measurements. I'll do those once a month in an effort to keep from going into quitter mode. My mat should come Wednesday and I'll begin the strength training.

Lunch Meals are prepped for this week, good luck to all the participants, hang in there!
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Eninad, I totally get it!! I have slowed down as well! I just seem to be at a standstill. I eat right and exercise....just so hard getting off the last 10-12lbs. very slow. this is where my nutritionist would say to have a cheat to reset the system or mix up the exercise. I was up a lb this morning also:( hoping for some movement this week!!

sounds like you are very organized with food and strength training will help!!

Stephanie
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Not much to report this afternoon. Still have lots of pain in my legs and feet from the fall I had over a week ago. . Still holding ecessive amount of water Stll lots of bruise An old woman should not fall down. Go to the doctor tomorrow at 9Am to get it check out My Kitties are sack out and so I think I will too.
    Will check in tomorrow.

Have a great day folks.
    Marie

• cathrynw
    cathrynw Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I haven't set my goal just yet for the challenge, I have to weigh in first :( I know I've gained since last challenge or a least it feels like that. Anyway, I'm back to eating on my plan this week which is a major plus, now I'm working on a little more exercise!
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    A gain of 0.8 lb this week.

I meet with my counselor at the training center tomorrow. We will look over my meal plan and see what needs to change if anything. Rather bummed by the gain this week.

Marie, please let us know how you are doing with that leg!

Have a great week of eating well and getting in the exercising you have planned. I know that's what I'll be doing, too!

Becky
  • Shirley61
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Just got back from seeing my grandson which is always a thrill for us. My daughter and son in law live 2 hours and 15 min
    away so they are not close to us. Eating Monday wasn't too bad until they brought back some cannolie's from the bakery.
    We baby sat for them on Saturday night. Not doing great this week but I will never give up. After summer things should be
    a little more normal and not going away so much.

• SeeAhtter787
    Options
    Hi Everyone. Sorry I have been quieter than normal the last few days........Is this week over yet? Monday assaulted me a day early this week. And it hasn't quit yet with the beatings. I swear I have relived Monday for 3 days. It has been so CRAAAAAAZZZZZYYYY busy at my house. Thank God my 3 boys I usually watch this week and next week are with their grandparents otherwise I would be tipping the bottle before breakfast. I just hope the week will settle a little bit before next week. We will have final week for the kids production of Beauty and the Beast next week. This weekend we are having our annual Blueberry Arts Festival. I'm hoping to get there early enough for the girls to watch the slug races. Yes that is correct not a typo. And yes it is gross. But the first slug out of the circle wins. We also have blueberry crepes. Blueberry pie. Blueberry pie eating contest. Bbq pork kabobs. Lumpia (a Philipino spring roll). Cotton candy. Funnel cakes and ice cream. And booth with all kinds of craftsy things for sale. From lamps to wood bowls to artwork to jewelry. And everything in between. And of course the venue is on hills and concrete. Oh goody for me. Pain pills here I come........ Just typing this makes me ache. But it will be fun. As always.

I will try not to be such a stranger this week and next.

Esther
  • yesIcan155
    yesIcan155 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    @SeeAhtter787 It sounds like you have some fun things to look forward to.

I am really struggling to get back on track again with logging and exercise after a month away from the Internet. I need to get motivated again.
    Jessica
  • edellaratta
    edellaratta Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Struggling with my eating this week. I do great at work but when i get home there is too much food right there for the picking! !!
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    *groan* My husband's birthday was Monday. So, there's a Dairy Queen ice cream cake in my freezer.

And it knows my name.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    *groan* My husband's birthday was Monday. So, there's a Dairy Queen ice cream cake in my freezer.

And it knows my name.

mnh24x2jxhja.png

• yesIcan155
    yesIcan155 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    It seems like a lot of us are struggling right now. Summer always seems to throw me off because of all of the unusual events, special celebrations, and random schedules. I am just trying to maintain and get back to a routine. Even if I'm not losing weight, I am going to try to maintain. Don't let a tough spell throw you off track completely. Think about how far you have come and get back to it when your mind is in the right place.
    Jessica
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options

And it knows my name.

Share the love sister............ I will trade you a pan of watermelon cupcakes for the DQ cake......... Tuesday was my daughter's birthday.

Esther
  • Eninad
    Eninad Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I've never had either of those items, but my danger is salty things. I understand the callings.
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Jessica-I agree with you due to alot of stress and all the different events, I had my calories up and was happy maintaining for awhile. Now I want to lose and have been trying to cut down on calories. The scale has moved alittle lower but not sure I trust it yet. I have kept trying to stay around 180, yesterday I was 177.8, I did not weigh today. As long as your not gaining its okay to take a break, I cant stand the thought of losing what I have already lost before. I have done that so many times in my life. Maybe we both will start losing good, good luck. Janice
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Janice I am like you trying to get back to the 170's and it has not been for lack of exercise which I do 6 days a week.
    I am trying to stay low on calories but that is where the problem is. We have been going away so much this
    summer that eating has been a challenge. My weigh in on MFP was 174.4 and I have been trying to get back there
    ever since this summer and it has been a struggle.

I guess I have to wait until all functions calm down and then back on a normal schedule. So far that has not happened.
    Time will tell and hope it happens soon.
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    ladies,

glad everyone is enjoying there summers. Janice, what is your calorie goal on mfp to lose?

I think it is so challenging when you eat away from home often to control your intake. even if you control portion sizes, there is so much sodium in other food and you can not exactly know how many calories is in what your are eating. I do so much better when I am home, they say weight loss begins in the kitchen. I am an avid exerciser but that did not stop me from gaining 20lbs and quite honestly, I think I am losing more because of dietary changes. exercise has remained the same, probably less of it then during the gain.

stay strong, this is a marathon not a race!!

stephanie
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »

And it knows my name.

mnh24x2jxhja.png

I find this a bit offensive. I have never referred to myself nor thought of myself as a dog, did you? And I didn't ever say I was using food to reward myself? I was making a joke. And if I choose to have a treat, I am in no way shape or form treating myself like a dog.

Don't mean to be snippy, but this struck me the wrong way. Maybe I just need a coffee.
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Shirley-You have such a busy life, with alot of entertaining and traveling, plus with your husband recently retiring, I am sure you all are even running more, enjoy yourself and try to make good choices. Dont stress out too much, things will slow down in a couple of months. Have a great summer.

Stephanie-MFP has me eating 1460 calories to lose a pound a week, but I had been eating alittle more than that, I dont do awhole lot of exercise other than walking. I do have small weights, I need to pull out and use because of where I have already lost, my upper arms are flabby. I do more walking when its cooler out, I have never been a huge exerciser, even when I was smaller, I dont really like it. I was always just busy doing alot of things, and when I was working I was on my feet all day walking and lifting and physical activity. I have lost my weight mainly by cutting back on portions and less junk and less beer. But I do drink more beer in the summer. Janice
This discussion has been closed.