Microsoft Band?

Options
kbleiweis
kbleiweis Posts: 5 Member
Anyone else here use the Microsoft Band? Hubby and I are using it to make weight-loss and lifestyle changes more fun. There are a few game apps (more to come, hopefully) which use the Band and a smartphone. It can also help run your workouts (I'm not quite there yet) and track steps and lots of other things.

I am a data nerd, so I hope treating my stats like a gamer-score will encourage me to move more. What I REALLY want is to be able to earn achievements (X-Box or Playstation style) for meeting fitness goals. (Any devs on here?)

Any other ideas? Making exercise and diet tracking more fun?

Replies

• KenziesFrenzies
    KenziesFrenzies Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend has one, and he LOVES it. I tried one on in the store, and decided against it.. My wrists are tiny, so that band on there made me look like I was under house arrest. :D
    (I'm hopeful for the next model to be a bit more slender.)

But he loves it for workout & sleep tracking, among many many other perks. I've noticed that he doesn't look at his phone nearly as often anymore, since texts & emails pop up on it, and he can kind of do the "Meh, not important, read it later" thing. :)
  • dsneade
    dsneade Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have been using mine since April and I have found it quite helpful. The band syncs with Microsoft's health web app and allows to review all sorts of data. I have only used it to monitor sleep, pulse rates throughout my workouts, and to review activity after walking nine holes.
  • FairlyOddChelle
    FairlyOddChelle Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Have any of you tried wearing the band during the Mossa Fight workouts in Xbox Fitness? I wanted to get any sort of fitness tracking band, but am kind of considering the Microsoft one, since my husband's friend works for them and can get us one really cheap. My only hesitation is that I have read that with certain workouts that involve a lot of movement and jumping, etc., the bands don't track that well. The most high intensity exercise that I do are the Mossa workouts, so, that's why I was curious. Thanks for any help anybody can provide!
  • alien_type0
    alien_type0 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I haven't done the band yet, I've been looking for the right one for me.

I'm using the polar chest-strap for my heart rate, I think I would be totally lost without it. I heard it was more accurate as far as BPMs and that's mostly the point for me anyways. You would be surprised what burns calories.

Back on subject, I thought the microsoft band was less accurate as far as activity level, the fitbit is the highest rated for accuracy but it just looks so damn stupid.