New to the group

Options
cdpm
cdpm Posts: 297 Member
Hey everyone!
New to the group, but I have been running for the last few years. Completed several 10ks and 1 half marathon (don't think I'll be doing another!) My goals have always been to run the whole race without walking, but this year I've decided I want to do a sub 1 hour 10k.
Any advice on how to this would be great!
I'm from London England, and I run mostly just to de-stress and have some me time whilst singing along to my music. I run on the roads early in the morning to avoid the taste of smog and people staring!

If there are a few active people out there, I could do with a few new motivational friends to keep me going and getting those miles in !

Just signed up for the June challenge (40 miles) & looking forward to it :)

exercise.png

Replies

• Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    @cdpm I made a few comments in the following link regarding on how to improve speed soley by building mileage. This would apply to you as well.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1469014/do-you-have-a-running-goal/p1

I wish you the best on your 10K and if you have any questions, please let me know.

Stan
  • 77irises
    77irises Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the group as well. I am almost a complete beginner. I am running for weight loss and training for a 5k on September 20th. My goal for August is 55 miles.
  • Kelce4Fit
    Kelce4Fit Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the group. I'm running my first half marathon in November! I have my first 10k in October!
  • laporter62
    laporter62 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am new to this group. I haven't run for about 3 years and I am a very slow runner. My goal is 50km by the end of August
  • HerbertCL
    HerbertCL Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the group! Just got back into running/jogging last November, after about 7 years off. Crossing my fingers that I can keep this up and that no major injuries will sideline me like before!

I have been trying to have events planned for myself every month since March. No runs planned for August, but in September I have a Spartan Sprint, a Navy 5 miler and a very hilly (but paved) 5k. Working my way up to the 10K Across the Bay in November - so these challenges have been very helpful.

I am aiming for 40 miles in August :)
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Hi, I'm new. I'm trying for 30 miles in August.

exercise.png[img][/img]
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone.
  • Jennifer8348683
    Jennifer8348683 Posts: 50 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I'm new too. I can't wait for the September challenge. Feel free to add me as a friend. I would love to have more runner friends on MFP. :)
  • garydeinert
    garydeinert Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to the group as well. Haven't run in about 20 years so I'm going to start slow. Planning on 30 miles for September to see how it goes. Glad to be here!
  • terihalsey62
    terihalsey62 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Newby here from Colorado just started running at 53
  • marks262
    marks262 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am new to this group (Hampshire, UK), I started running just over 10 years ago from no exercise. Now I have done runs from 5km to 24 hours and also up to Ironman Triathlons.

Due to the extra distances I do I tend to over eat, so using MFP will help me control that and help me have a more balanced nutrition.