getting ready

Options
SophiaShukla
SophiaShukla Posts: 5 Member
Is anyone here like me? I always feel better when I get my house in order before I start a big project. I've been busy today getting clean and am about to sit down and plan meals for this week and look into what I might do next week when I start my clean eating challenge. What are you doing to get ready?

Replies

• jennifermartin8
    jennifermartin8 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yep, like I said on the FB group! We just bought a new house in Duvall and I'm trying to declutter, organize, and pack up our home. I know it's a bit crazy to do a diet while your life is insane but I know that it will keep one are of my life focused and under control. Plus, I hope the diet and some scheduled exercise will keep me a priority in the shuffle of life and maybe help me shed some of the extra weight I put on in a hard few months after finishing the program.
  • LonBonB
    LonBonB Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to focus on the type of foods I'll prep so I'm successful. It seems I need to dig out my 20/20 info and dial in!!
  • caroline_g
    caroline_g Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hi, I haven't been part of any of this before so I don't know any of you but I'm in, if that's OK? What's 20/20?
  • SophiaShukla
    SophiaShukla Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Caroline, it is totally fine if you want to join up for clean eating. Most of us have been through a weight loss program called 20/20 located in the Seattle area. You don't have to have been through the program to do this though. Clean eating means avoiding processed sugar, processed food in general. Focus is on fresh food, lean proteins, fresh fruits and veggies and if you are going to eat grains, whole grains only. We limit starchy veggies like potatoes and corn to one serving a day but you don't have to get crazy with it. We are also encouraging people to track every bite that goes in your mouth, steps/exercise (and get moving daily) also make sure to track water to make sure your getting enough. If you want to join us please do. We are all trying to either maintain our weight loss or continue to lose more!
  • JasieTea
    JasieTea Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i am planning to start in sept. But I am beginning to start preparing.. It is hard because I am the only one in my family that is doing this .
  • naturallykinky
    naturallykinky Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my trainer suggested this way of eating to me. I would like to be a part of this group as well, looking forward to learning how to eat clean. What's the name of your facebook page? being that I stay on there as well.