New here!

Options
jorinya
jorinya Posts: 933 Member
Hi all, God bless you all. I'm Joanne, 35, married mum of 4. I have started the Cambridge Weight Plan and am now on week 4 and have dropped from 91 kg on day 1, to 83 kg today, week 4. Have been tempted so much and by the Grace of God, I have not fallen hard. Even sometimes my own children will tempt me. I am living in Nigeria and am Irish, which itself can bring some disadvantages like men and women staring at me when I walk outside the estate which is really funny. Maybe they think I don't own a car, lol. God bless them all. Its very hot during the day so at the moment using the stairs as my gym. Picking up on exercise next week, God willing. I want to set an example for women here in Nigeria, not only by my weight loss but in the near future as a councilor for Christian women here and possibly Muslim women. I want to introduce people here to Jesus and His unfailing love and faithfulness. Yesterday, I prayed I would be under 84 kg and this morning God answered my prayer. I want to remind everyone that God cares about even the small things in our lives. I am thankful to God for all He has done for me and want Him to use me to help other women both here in this group and in Nigeria and Ireland and wherever else God sends me. May God grant you all success in your journey and empower you to be an example to other women. Amen.

Replies

• whisperingfairy7
    whisperingfairy7 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Shannon. I am 45. A mother of 4. A wife. And a follower of Christ. I am also over 300# and struggle daily with my spiritual life. I am inconsistent in everything I do; outside of my love for the Lord and loving my family. I'm hoping there are others who can relate or are even interested in mentoring. I hope to hear from you.

~Shannon