Any January 2016 mamas?

I'm 12 weeks today. Due January 14, 2016. I'm 32 yo. Trying to maintain around 1400 calories with healthier caloric intake. So far I'm up 4 lbs. I gained all my weight like the first week (yikes!) and have just sort of maintained. Apparently I'm right on track though. I've started exercising again! And watching what I eat. But not starving us. =)

Replies

• lambchop1042
    lambchop1042 Posts: 102 Member
    I'm due feb 21, 2016 with #2, so i'm about 7 weeks. Gained 1 lb. I didn't lose all the weight from my first preg so definitely not wanting to gain as much this time around. But i've been crazy hungry all day everyday & I just want to sleep! Can't wait for the second tri to get some energy back
  • vanessangonzalez
    vanessangonzalez Posts: 38 Member
    Congrats to you! I get hungry quicker lately. It feels like all the time! Lol. I'm glad I'm able to work out again. Just walking and squats.
  • simply_sarah_
    simply_sarah_ Posts: 35 Member
    13 weeks + change here! Due mid-January. 34 y/o, ftm. So excited to be nearly through with 1st trimester!!!
  • ksmi141
    ksmi141 Posts: 72 Member
    Due at the end of January here! I've gained about 8 pounds already! But I've too tired to do much more than stare at my running shoes. Stuffing myself late at night after the naseau subsided probably didn't help either. But I'm starting to feel better and trying to get back into the old routine. Good luck to you!
  • vanessangonzalez
    vanessangonzalez Posts: 38 Member
    That's kinda what happened with me. I had too much ice cream that 1st week then my exhaustion kicked in so I couldn't exercise. Once I was, I was able to take a couple pounds off. Those 4 lbs didn't budge. As of today I'm up 5 lbs total. I think this is officially baby weight!!
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm nearly 28 years old, due January 12th with #3. I had gestational diabetes with my first so I used mfp with my second to keep me on track and I didn't get GD and it was all around a much easier pregnancy. I had planned on using it this time as well but the nausea has been horrible and even remembering what I ate to log it has made me queasy! I was doing T25 before and I kept it up for a couple weeks but then it was making me cramp so I was doing other things, but then thanks to pure exhaustion I haven't been doing much of anything. I haven't gained any weight so far, and I'm hoping now that I'm in the second trimester the nausea and exhaustion will ease up enough that I can start exercising again, at least walking.
  • rlwhiting
    rlwhiting Posts: 2 Member
    Due Feb. 16 with #2. Should be happier that I haven't gained any weight since Baby #1 (woo?!) but I gained 25 lbs right before getting pregnant with him so I haven't been happy with my weight since 2012. Ugh! Goal is to maintain till 20 weeks. Which is a BIG goal for me!
  • greypilgrimess
    greypilgrimess Posts: 353 Member
    Hi guys and congratulations!
    I'm due Jan 21st with my first, very excited! Unfortunately I was at my biggest when I got pregnant (ran my first marathon in Jan and took too much down time afterwards while still eating the same!) and I'm disappointed I can't lose any now, but I'm planning on keeping the weight gain to a minimum. No gain so far, and now the fatigue/nausea is over I'm finally back to running and I have a half marathon planned for October. Struggling with the food choices though!
  • steph2strong
    steph2strong Posts: 426 Member
    Hi. I'm 31, first time mom. I'm due Jan. 1, 2016, just entering 16th week. I'm trying to keep up the healthy lifestyle I've always lived. I have been able to keep up the working out, but have been eating much more freely than I ever have in my life.
  • ladylalamuck
    ladylalamuck Posts: 7 Member
    Hi all... Can I join in. I'm due my 3rd on 23rd of jan. very excited. So far I've put on 5.5 pounds at 12 weeks. Started to get my energy back so will get back to light jogging. Trying to keep gain to minimum as have to have a natural birth... Medical reasons. My first was 8 pounds and second was over 10 pounds. I'm seeing dietician and have to do gdd test at 28 weeks. So essential I exercise and eat healthy :-)
  • WestslopeCutty
    WestslopeCutty Posts: 30 Member
    Looks like with a due date of February 12 (10 weeks), I'll be adding to the Jan/Feb group. I'm 28 and expecting my first. Thanks to a lot of food aversion, I'm down 2 pounds so far, with my ultimate goal being to gain 20-25 pounds. Exhaustion has been kicking my butt, but I've been trying to keep walking, and am looking forward to getting back to working out.
  • sarahelizaaaa
    sarahelizaaaa Posts: 30 Member
    I'm due January 24th, I'm 14 weeks today. Just started getting my motivation back, so I've been working out a bit and tracking my cals. I've gained 3 lbs. Began pregnant at normal weight, but was very inactive when I was pregnant with my son and didn't always make the best food choices. Thinking if I continue with MFP while pregnant it will help keep me more accountable. Congrats, everyone!
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    I'll be 17 weeks on Tuesday and I finally feel like I'm past the morning sickness! We went on a little vacation to see my brother and his family and we all brought back colds! So even though I'm not feeling nauseous, I'm still not feeling great :( Also, my appetite has like tripled in the last few days. I am always hungry! Anyone else? I'm hoping once I get past this cold I'll be able to start walking, or do some kind of exercise so my weight gain doesn't get too out of control.
  • ladylalamuck
    ladylalamuck Posts: 7 Member
    Guys I'm finding this food thing so hard
  • steph2strong
    steph2strong Posts: 426 Member
    Guys I'm finding this food thing so hard

What aspect... the amount or the kinds of food? I find my appetite is just out of control, I eat way more than I used to and I'm still hungry when i finish a meal. I eat about 2500 cals per day. I figure it's what I and the baby need though because my weight is fine (18 weeks, gained 5 lbs total so far, ht 5'6 weight 120b currently). For food choices I mainly crave meat, cheese, bread, cereal, occasionally yogurt. I don't have sweet cravings and sweet foods make me a bit nauseous but I still eat treats like chocolate and cake because I want to and I never let myself before becoming pregnant. No matter what I eat I add vegetables and fruit to every meal and I try to eat peanut butter every day because I found I was lagging in fats (over do it in carbs and protein). I find eating peanut butter at night stops me from eating things like ice cream, cake or the like, it just stops the gnawing hunger and random snacking after dinner. Also, exercise really helps even out the increased hunger.
  • kandidoll
    kandidoll Posts: 2 Member
    Hi! I'm due Jan 22. I just started coming back on here to hold myself more accountable for what I eat.
  • raqufern
    raqufern Posts: 794 Member
    Hi. I am Due January 23 with my 3rd child. I am about to enter week 16. I have a boy (9) and a girl (5). I have not gained any weight so far and have been too tired to workout. My goal is to get back at it and make better food choices. I want to be as healthy as possible this pregnancy and after as well.

Congratulations to all the soon to be mommies!
  • MrsClevenger11
    MrsClevenger11 Posts: 20 Member
    I'm due Jan 30 with my first. I haven't gained a whole lot, but I'm having to come to terms with the extra fat I feel on my hips and stomach. I know now is not the time to obsess about extra fat, but honestly, I probably just need to eat less sugary and fatty foods. Oh, and yoga on Swokit has become my new favorite friend!
  • miliemilie
    miliemilie Posts: 7 Member
    Hi everyone! Another January 2016 mom-to-be over here! I'm 28 and this is my second baby. I'm at 20 weeks right now and I've gained almost 8 lb. Considering I was 3 lb heavier at that point during my first pregnancy, I think it's not too bad. I joined a gym one month ago and I love it! My trainer created me a program that fits with my pregnancy and I just love the extra energy I'm getting from it.