New

Options
cvbolden83
cvbolden83 Posts: 2 Member
Hey, I'm about 7 weeks pregnant and already overweight. I'm trying to be healthy during this pregnancy (its my first, fyi). I know I could use all the support and help I can get. Anyone have any ideas of good workouts to do while pregnant?

Replies

• KMayberry2
    KMayberry2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Have you checked out the 10min prenatal yoga workout? It is on YouTube!
  • KMayberry2
    KMayberry2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Otherwise I would say to walk as much as you can. :)
  • Laurenjenai
    Laurenjenai Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    cvbolden83 wrote: »
    Hey, I'm about 7 weeks pregnant and already overweight. I'm trying to be healthy during this pregnancy (its my first, fyi). I know I could use all the support and help I can get. Anyone have any ideas of good workouts to do while pregnant?

Hey welcome to the group. I started off doing a lot of fitnessblender low impact videos, now that my belly is getting bigger I am doing pilates, and walking, and walking workout videos, all on youtube. Congrats on your first pregnancy!

• sillyli234
    sillyli234 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hi there and congrats to all the ladies with their pregnancies. I walk 3.5 miles daily to work Monday-Friday for my current exercise. Swimming and light yoga are also highly recommended as good exercises through-out pregnancy. I am currently 14weeks2days pregnant. When is everyone else due?
  • keepingslimwhilepregnant
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm new. I'm currently 5 weeks and 5 days pregnant, 140lbs (weight in picture)
    I haven't been able to workout as much or eat due to morning sickness that lasts all day long, so I'm hoping that goes away soon. Right now I'm doing some short workouts on youtube until I'm well enough again to eat properly and to get back to the gym and lift. :smiley:

• brighteyedbug
    brighteyedbug Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    walking + youtube prenatal yoga videos is about the extent of any working out I've done this pregnancy. I suppose it would depend on what level of activity you were at prior to working out.
  • alleycat55
    alleycat55 Posts: 24 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I have heard walking, swimming, and yoga are great during pregnancy. Personally, I walk on my treadmill but not as much as I should. Also, I played tennis before I became pregnant so I'm continuing to do that for now (I'm 12 weeks pregnant). I also just ordered a workout program called PiYo, which is a combination of Yoga and Pilates. It's not specifically for pregnancy but I thought it might be helpful to mix things up and do something other than cardio sometimes. I could use accountability partners so if anyone would like to check it out with me, let me know. If you don't already have it and are interested, here's a link to my Beachbody website:

www.beachbodycoach.com/ALLEYCAT55
  • HannahWilliams_X
    Options
    Would love to follow other pregnant ladies MFP if anyones keen? I'm 22 from NZ and currently 27 +5 with my 1st baby. I was overweight before pregnancy (but had lost 15kg) and have put on 11kg so far through out this pregnancy through eating bad, but I am trying really hard now to get out walking and eat healthy!