Pre & Post Workout Supplements?

Options
aliciamarieUF
aliciamarieUF Posts: 226 Member
Started Crossfit two weeks ago and began splitting my meals up into 5-6 tiny meals per day. I'm eating 1,800 calories a day but I'm finding that on days that I go to Crossfit I still feel very hungry. Are there some pre/post workout supplements that I should be taking to help me with this? Maybe some kind of supplement to help me with my protein intake for the day? If so, which product? Any suggestions appreciated.

Replies

• Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    I'd just eat more on the night before or day of training. CF is high intensity and has no place for low cal meals in my opinion. Just add a protein shake, banana etc to your diet. Why be hungry?
  • learning2fly4
    learning2fly4 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    take a look at the macros you are eating for each meal - carb, fat protein. You might want to consider altering to have your meal before crossfit workouts to be more carb intense, and post to be more protein, and even include a protein shake post workout.
  • charleykayesmom
    charleykayesmom Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I use shakeology with Dymatize Iso 100 protein added to it and I do intense workouts like crossfit :) I sent you a friend request! :)
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Remember to keep fully hydrated, too. I mix in some BCAA to my water. I don't get to drink most of it until after the WOD and that helps fend off some hunger. If I wait too long in a day I tend to eat back every calorie regardless. I seem to be maintaining which isn't a problem if my body recomps.
  • aliciamarieUF
    aliciamarieUF Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for all of the suggestions!