NutriBullet

Options
caffyred
caffyred Posts: 6 Member
Hi there

Just joined MFP and juicing and have started to have a shake for breakfast (Banana, Cinnamon, 3 tbsp rolled oats and coconut milk for breakfast) and lunch (Mixed berries, spinach, nuts&seeds, apple, orange juice and almond milk) then a healthy tea

My question is... does anyone else feel so hungry from the NutriBullet?! I try and try to keep to 3 meals a day as snacking just doesn't work for me as I pile on the weight.

I love the machine, but jeez... I'd like to feel full.

Any hints or tips welcome... also, if you're a NutriBullet user feel free to add me :smiley:

Caff

Replies

• shaybethxo
    shaybethxo Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hey, I have a nutri ninja so basically the same thing. I found the same, and when I'm at work I now have smoothies for breakfast three days a week and some kind of granola the other days. This was also partly because the effect it had on my toilet habits...
    Feel free to add me (though I haven't logged properly in a while) x
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Is that all you're having for breakfast and lunch? Just the shakes? Then no wonder you feel hungry.
  • KnickersInATwist
    KnickersInATwist Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I agree with Marzi ^^^
    Bloody hell, I'd be ready to gnaw off my own arm! Thats just not enough food to sustain you until dinner- no wonder you're famished
  • _mr_b
    _mr_b Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Not sure how that works out on nutrients but I think you need to be adding some protein in there, as this (and fibre) are what make you feel full. Maybe try adding some protein powder?
  • tempest501
    tempest501 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Try making a green smoothie instead they are much more filling and they taste really nice if done correctly. Just have to make sure you have something with soluable fibre in there. When you start to get used to it use just 20-25% greens and the rest fruit. A good starting recipe is which I used was this:

Spinach and/or Kale
    Mango (1/2)
    Banana (1/2)
    Pear (1/2)

Once you get used to it try get to 60/40 ratio (40% greens).

I have one every lunch time. Once the goodness start to get into you I find it helps with cravings. Trouble with juicing fruit only is its spikes sugar levels and usually have a bit of a crash after where you feel hungry (or at least it was that way for me).

Hope that helps.
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I've never met a smoothie that has given me that full up feeling... but soups on the other hand I find to be quite satisfying! It must be something to do with the temperature. I make a mean, creamy mushroom soup using roasted portobellos, a little bit of chicken stock and fresh thyme.

Maybe try out some different soup recipes and see if that helps you feel more full.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    you're probably hungry because that's hardly any calories...
  • caffyred
    caffyred Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've added load more nuts and seeds and they're doing the trick. Also snacking on chicken pieces is helping and the weight is slowly coming off.

I'm agreeing partly with the calorie (or lack of) comments but actually they're 200-300 per shake, so not stupidly low
  • ChelleBelle2708
    ChelleBelle2708 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I add a TSP each of Chia and Flax Seeds (Make sure Flax seeds are ground already as body is unable to extract nutrients from a whole flax seed)... both are high in Fiber and Protein which should keep you fuller for longer. Brazil Nuts and Cashew nuts would be good too
  • Pelamblue
    Pelamblue Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Get more porridge in there and a scoop of whey powder . You'll feel more satisfied