Desperately seeking support!

Options
buxomvegan
buxomvegan Posts: 35 Member
I'm back... I'm back after a break that was far too long... After a break where I tried to convince myself that I was OK in this body, that I didn't care if I gained 10, 20, 50, 100 lbs. But I do care. I can't stand being stuck in this body and gaining weight on an almost daily basis. I'm all for body positivity, but if I don't love what I see in the mirror, something has to change. This year was supposed to be a turning point for me, I celebrated my 30th birthday 4 months ago, and I swore I would make changes... Big changes... This year. I still have time. I can refocus, truly make some changes this time. And I will, that's why I came back, it's time to make some permanent changes.

So if you're willing to be a support buddy, please take a second to add me - on here and with UP (you can find me on UP with my email mrs.ashleyshafer@gmail.com). Thanks, I'm going to need all the support I can find.

Replies

• blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I just sent you a friend request on here and will send you one on Jawbone. I will mention though for Jawbone I don't really have friends on there and I may or may not be support there. But on here, I AM very supportive!
  • buxomvegan
    buxomvegan Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you for the add and the support! :)
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Sent a friend request + added you to my UP team. Hands down, the best weight-loss advice I ever received was to read the Sexypants post: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

I have Hashimoto's, and I lost more slowly than most MFPers—so be patient. Learn to log everything you eat & drink accurately & honestly. Logging works.
  • ArdroxianRayne
    ArdroxianRayne Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm going to add you on UP! You can start duels with me anytime, my name is Heather!

We got this!! :):)
  • SpinSpinSugar69
    SpinSpinSugar69 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Sent a friend request...:)
  • amorthee
    amorthee Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you! I lost a ton of weight for my wedding in 2013, and then gained it all back and more. I've been dieting again for about 2 months, and I'm down 12 pounds! I love my up app!!! I added you, let's do this
  • robinmarkz
    robinmarkz Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent. Don't know how through the UP app. I use the Purple phone app. I am getting a Pebble Time with the UP watchface soon.

All the best,
    Robin
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    robinmarkz wrote: »
    Friend request sent. Don't know how through the UP app.

Here's how to add people to your UP team: https://jawbone.com/kb/articles/UPteammatesiOS.html
  • Joleca
    Joleca Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    sent you a request her and on UP.
  • tldammann
    tldammann Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I added you here and on UP!
  • vilyda123
    vilyda123 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I added you. You can do this! If I can, anybody can.
  • lps1dragonfly
    lps1dragonfly Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    just sent you a teammate invite! I need help and motivation to get exercising! im greatly improved on my eating habits; no not the best but getting there; just need help getting and staying active!
    628462 Posts: 58 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Sent request and will try to add you on up! I also need duels and teammates!
    I eat like crap but exercise a fair amount. Now I just need to stop eating like crap! Lol!
    Anyone else add me on up! I'm S D
  • kelwynn
    kelwynn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I want in on this! I added you Mrs.Shafer...but I'd love to synch up with the rest of you. Just got my UP, trying to make the most of it!
  • sdiver7
    sdiver7 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just sent you a request as well via UP.