What is the Best day to Weigh In??

Options
risslake
risslake Posts: 4 Member
Hi Ladies!

What's the best day to weigh in and why? I'm thinking Thursday mornings because I'm usually at home with my own scale and most partying or wine happens over the weekend so my body has time to rebound by Thursday.

What day do you weigh in and why?

Thanks!

K

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh in on Friday, because my weeks are pretty controlled. Sometimes I weigh in on Sunday, because I know I've gotten good sleep and been able to focus on my water. It just depends. Whatever you do, pick one day and time and stick with that consistently.
  • risslake
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    I usually weigh in on Friday, because my weeks are pretty controlled. Sometimes I weigh in on Sunday, because I know I've gotten good sleep and been able to focus on my water. It just depends. Whatever you do, pick one day and time and stick with that consistently.

Getting the right amount of sleep is good to take into consideration. Thanks!

• KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Water, sleep, indulgences, consistency, and activity are things to take into account. For example if you do a heavy lifting program every Thursday, you probably don't want to weigh in Friday morning...
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    I was weighing in daily, and according to my friends and coworkers, it was affecting me, the little fluctuations, way more than I realized or acknowledged, and they basically called an intervention on me. I hope you don't get to that point!
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Monday so I behave during the weekend knowing that I am going to need to weigh-in on Monday.
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Fridays. I like Friday weigh in because it keeps the goal at hand in mind over the weekend so I'm apt to behave more. LOL Also Friday is usually Pizza night(I weigh in morning) and then I have a full week to recover from that.
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I have to eat the way that I do because I am diabetic so I don't take any days off from low carb anymore BUT before I was diagnosed I always weighed in Monday morning because it helped me stay accountable over the weekend... So out of habit, I still currently weigh in Monday mornings and I do my monthly weigh ins on the 27th of ever month l.
  • risslake
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice ladies. Lots of variation in answers and reasons I hadn't considered.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Crux of it is, pick a day and time and stick with it. Consistency is more important than all the other factors above.