Support and Success

Options
Hey guys, just thought we could use a thread on here where you can A) talk about what's not going according to plan in your challenge and B) talk about something other than your weekly progress report.

Replies

• ChristieisReady
    ChristieisReady Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    B) = b)

Anyway. So I seem to not be losing pounds as such, but I'm down 2 inches off my waist in 4 weeks, so there's definite progress. At SOME point the scale has to agree, right? Or, I guess the alternative is that I am just 225 for life and I build some epic muscles. Oh well.
  • ChristieisReady
    Options
    How's everyone doing?
  • ShansGotGoals
    ShansGotGoals Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I had an extremely stressful and depressing wknd and as result didn't log my food. It was terrible food free for all. But trying to get back on track. We'll see what happens in the scale......
    I could possibly have found the chihuahua or the small child >:)
  • JamieD328
    JamieD328 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Tiny loss. Have to keep a tighter reign on my calories, even while I wonder where I will take my son to lunch tomorrow since I realized my schedule has changed for work, and I will be running errands with him. The beginning to the slippery slope of grabbing drive thru meals during my upcoming fall semester...
  • PratoN
    PratoN Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just got back from a week-long work trip that involved free food and even more free drinks. I'm still down 4-5 lbs since the beginning of July (and almost 40 lbs overall), but I'm pretty much back at square 1 for the Halloween Challenge. :'(

I'm tracking/graphing my weight and I also see little peaks at every Monday morning weigh-in. I really need to behave myself on the weekends!
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Looks like I'm not the only one who didn't have a great week. I think I let my early successes lull me into a false sense of security and didn't really put the same effort in this week. I eyeballed a lot of portions, and went over my calorie target a couple of times on the weekend. My reward? Gained back about 2/3 of what I lost in the first three weeks.

You bet your *kitten* I'm weighing my food this week.

On a more positive note, I've started jogging again. Started with only a mile, but I hope to be up to 3.1 miles 5 days a week by Halloween.
  • Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I'm moving tomorrow so I've been eating a lot of meals out this week as I don't want to cook/buy food/dirty dishes before moving. That paired with a very high calorie day last Saturday is showing a gain for the week. My "official" weigh in day is tomorrow and as of this morning I'm up 1.2 so we'll see what I'm at in the morning.

We have friends coming to visit this weekend and I'm going to do my best to be mindful. I'll be back to cooking at home on Monday, though, and will be very diligent for the next two weeks as I'll be poolside in Vegas the first weekend in September!
  • JamieD328
    JamieD328 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I wasn't on my best behavior when I shared a bottle of Gewürztraminer with my mom I just now, but I won't be weighing in tomorrow for the sake of bloat, not wine.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I had a bad couple weeks here recently. However, I have gotten back on track and even saw a new scale low this morning. I'm hoping I will be able to stay on track while I'm sick. That's my biggest fear. I have Bronchitis so I can't workout, which means I don't have as high of a calorie allowance as normal. I was told this could last a couple weeks (boo) and that working out is a no-no (boo).
  • ChristieisReady
    Options
    Hopefully I can unpack the damn scale soon. I am seriously rethinking this whole buying a house thing and possibly becoming a nomad, relying on Starbucks wifi and the kindness of strangers. I have definitely gained weight, no idea how much, and my arms have gone and un-toned themselves. The large quantity of alcohol that is keeping me from killing my realtor is not so hot for my waistline, either.
  • hotelsix
    hotelsix Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I hear you guys - I spent the month of August travelling with my husband (who can eat whatever he wants) and I fell off the wagon as well (room service and food at theme parks gets you every time). However, I spent the last week and a half getting back on track and every day the numbers on the scale keep going down.

Now I just have to commit myself to tracking again. Today is day 1:)