21 DF Extreme reviews

Options
codycsweet
codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
Hi there
I have done 21 DF and was looking at trying extreme I seen I can get the program without the containers since I already have them. I wanted to know what others who have done 21 DFE think of it and if you have done the first one was it worth it to do the extreme one. Thank you for your input.

Replies

• Lauracharder
    Lauracharder Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I did not do the first one, went straight to the extreme and it is EXTREME lol. Still have trouble finishing sometimes.
  • SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I've done both and I would say it depends on where you are with 21DF.
    Did you do more than one round of 21DF?
    Did you increase the weights you were using in one of the later rounds?
    Are you able to do all of the exercises without missing a rep?
    Are you only following Kat about 5% of the time (or not at all)?

If you can answer Yes to all of these questions then I would say give 21DFX a try. It's absolutely a bit of a leap in difficulty, both figuratively and literally. But that's why they created a second tier program, something more challenging, for those who are ready to graduate and move on from 21DF.
  • codycsweet
    Options
    SatiaRenee thank you for the guidance I'm going to do 21DF a few more times to be able to answer yes to all your questions before moving on. Thanks
  • SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    @codycsweet I should clarify one minor point. I follow Kat more then 5% of the time because there are some things I cannot do because of doctor's orders. I have to keep everything low impact. So I have to step everything out. But there are things she modifies that are not explosive moves which I now can do without modifying. I would definitely consider getting the extreme program eventually but if you don't find 21DF boring and you're still working on building strength and perfecting your form, there's no need to rush to something more difficult.
  • codycsweet
    Options
    Thanks. There are also some things that I modify do to needing low impact. I just wasn't sure whether I NEEDED extreme or just WANTED it. After thinking about the answers to your questions, it is simply that I want it and can wait a bit longer while I go through another round or two.
  • rumijs
    rumijs Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I really liked it. I did not do the original 21DF before. So the whole concept was new to me but it wasn't all that difficult to jump into. I did "practice" with the container allotments for a week prior to starting. I was finishing up another program at that time and wanted to get in the right mental state before changing too many things at once when the routine started.

The workouts themselves are great! There's always a way to modify or modify the modifier. I really liked the weight set incorporation because it provided the right balance of cardio and free weights to really get your whole body in the zone. I started with 5 and 8 lbs as my light and heavy set because I wasn't sure what a good weight would be for those specific workouts. That worked out great for round 1 and by the end I could have upped the 8 to a 10 and kept the 5. At these weights, I was working with a much lighter set than what I would dumbells in a gym setting. Those would be much higher. But since there's a lot of jumping and lunging, I thought it safer to start lighter. It worked out great :)
  • missm2
    missm2 Posts: 608 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    rumijs wrote: »
    I really liked it. I did not do the original 21DF before. So the whole concept was new to me but it wasn't all that difficult to jump into. I did "practice" with the container allotments for a week prior to starting. I was finishing up another program at that time and wanted to get in the right mental state before changing too many things at once when the routine started.

The workouts themselves are great! There's always a way to modify or modify the modifier. I really liked the weight set incorporation because it provided the right balance of cardio and free weights to really get your whole body in the zone. I started with 5 and 8 lbs as my light and heavy set because I wasn't sure what a good weight would be for those specific workouts. That worked out great for round 1 and by the end I could have upped the 8 to a 10 and kept the 5. At these weights, I was working with a much lighter set than what I would dumbells in a gym setting. Those would be much higher. But since there's a lot of jumping and lunging, I thought it safer to start lighter. It worked out great :)

I , like you never bought 21df and went straight for the extreme version. I am curious, how much did you lose in weight and measurements?