Alarm feature?

Options
Thinking of getting a fitbit, read that it has a vibrating alarm clock feature. Wanted to know if you find it helpful in waking up?

Replies

• shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I have never tried it but considering how it startles me every time it hits my step goal for the day I would think it would work well, at least on me. But I like waking up to my cell phone's alarm and see no need to change.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    The vibrating alarm has always woken me up, even back when I had my Fitbit One clipped to my underwear.
  • 2lboyd
    2lboyd Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The problem I had was no snooze option. Sometimes I just need 5 more minutes. But it did wake me up and not bother my husband.
  • mgonyer123
    mgonyer123 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    For snooze options just set more than one alarm!

I use it as my alarm. I have a "warning you're about to have to get up" alarm and a "get your *kitten* up" alarm.

Initially it scared the *kitten* out of me and I jump up and my heart was racing lol but now I'm used to it and it's great! I'm not a heavy sleeper though.
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I love the vibrating alarm! I bedshare with a clingy 2 year old and it never wakes her up.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Does the alarm keep vibrating until you turn it off? Or it shuts off automatically after few vibrates?
    To dismiss an alarm:

On your Flex, double-tap the window between alarm vibrations. You will know your alarm has been dismissed when one light in the middle of the display appears and then slowly fades away. If you do not dismiss your alarm, your tracker will alert you again after 9 minutes.
    On your One, Force, Charge, or Charge HR, press the tracker's button. Your device will stop vibrating and return to normal functionality. If you do not dismiss your alarm, your tracker will alert you again after 9 minutes.
    On your Surge, press the button next to the Dismiss indicator (x). Your device will return to the screen that was previously displayed. If you do not dismiss your alarm, it will remain onscreen until you snooze or dismiss it.

From here: http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/How-do-I-set-silent-alarms-from-my-computer
    Aside from forgetting to set the alarm to repeat everyday, I've never had an issue with the alarm on my ChargeHR. It always wakes me up on the first buzz.

With the One, I had good luck with the alarm while keeping it clipped to my underwear. It would occasionally fall out of the wrist band that came in the box, and I didn't notice the vibrations twice.

• Pawsforme
    Pawsforme Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    It definitely wakes me up, but I'm a light sleeper. I need to take some medication in the morning at least a half hour before I can eat (or the more important thing -- before I can have coffee!!). So I use the Fitbit alarm to wake me up so I can take it. Then I can go back to sleep until the regular alarm goes off and I'm able to have my coffee.