Protein/Carb/Fat ratio

Options
rynneeSDSD
rynneeSDSD Posts: 32 Member
Hello all,

I was wondering what you guys use for your ratios. I've done a lot of research on what is best for PCOS and it has led me to mixed conclusions. ugh! Any ideas or suggestions?

Thank you!

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Of macros? 20 grams of carbs a day as a max, 80 -140 grams of protein as a range, fat to satiety.
  • aSearch4Me
    aSearch4Me Posts: 397 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    My macros are set at: 20% carb, 25% protein, & 55% fat...this seems to be the magical formula for me for actually losing weight at a slow-steady pace & not just merely maintaining (which my body has an amazing ability to just maintain). I had previously done a higher protein but lower fat ratio earlier, at the same calorie level, and just maintained on that setting.

I have the most energy & lose weight faster if I go below 20% carb & try to have a Net Carb no more than 40g/day. I strive for this most days, but I don't freak out if I go over.

My calories are set at 1530/day, although my physician wants me to flex between 1500 calories a day to 1800 calories a day, and to try to keep fluxing on a daily basis within that range. She had recommended Low Carb High Fat (opposed to Low Carb High Protein), or a Ketogenic diet.

Editing to add: even on my "cheat days," or my "I'm failing" days as I like to refer to them, I still try to keep my total carb at 100g or less. I also try to only eat grain products 1-2 times a week.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Sorry for the confusion on my response. I was on the app, and it didn't show the title of your message with the content!
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    aSearch4Me wrote: »
    My macros are set at: 20% carb, 25% protein, & 55% fat...this seems to be the magical formula for me for actually losing weight at a slow-steady pace & not just merely maintaining (which my body has an amazing ability to just maintain). I had previously done a higher protein but lower fat ratio earlier, at the same calorie level, and just maintained on that setting.

I have the most energy & lose weight faster if I go below 20% carb & try to have a Net Carb no more than 40g/day. I strive for this most days, but I don't freak out if I go over.

My calories are set at 1530/day, although my physician wants me to flex between 1500 calories a day to 1800 calories a day, and to try to keep fluxing on a daily basis within that range. She had recommended Low Carb High Fat (opposed to Low Carb High Protein), or a Ketogenic diet.

Editing to add: even on my "cheat days," or my "I'm failing" days as I like to refer to them, I still try to keep my total carb at 100g or less. I also try to only eat grain products 1-2 times a week.

That is mostly where I have kind of leveled out, too, though I use grams and not percentages. Percentages change with calories, and my carbs are a limit for me, period. I'm usually 5-10% carbs, 10-15% protein, and 75-85% fats...

I don't count calories, I just track carbs only. I'm trying to heal my body and it's true hunger signals and all that...

Avoiding sweets, even fake ones, helps me manage that...

I lean more to the ketogenic end of low carb high fat diets, but I float up to the other side on occasion too. I've had two "I'm Failing" days, and one was under 100 grams of carbs and one was just over...

Anything under 100-150 grams of carbs is medically considered low carb, but most people must experiment to find the level at works best for them!
  • rynneeSDSD
    rynneeSDSD Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies!
  • sierrabuccellato
    sierrabuccellato Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    rynneeSDSD wrote: »
    Hello all,

I was wondering what you guys use for your ratios. I've done a lot of research on what is best for PCOS and it has led me to mixed conclusions. ugh! Any ideas or suggestions?

Thank you!

I do 10%, 45%, 45%

I've found low carb really helps my PCOS symptoms!
  • toadqueen
    toadqueen Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    5% carb, 20% protein, 75% fat is optimal for me.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I have found that when I'm trying to lose weight, I can keep carbs at or under 30% and then 30% protein and 40% fat seems to be about right.