Resetting/clearing data?

Options
Is there a way to delete previous data? I purchased a new fitbit and it has data for previous calories burned? Do all new fitbits come like this or did someone use it and return it? Either way the data is not big deal but I would prefer to clear it.. is it possible?

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    It's been a long time since I set up my first Fitbit, but I'm pretty sure any previous "data" is really just a guesstimate based on your profile (sex, age, height, weight, etc.). I would ignore it.

The first day, Fitbit has to guesstimate your burn since midnight—so today's burn will be a bit of a mess. Starting tomorrow, your Fitbit burn will be TDEE.
  • jak1958
    jak1958 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have the HR Charge ... when you set up your account and enter your data (height, weight, etc...) it automatically loads your BMR as calories burned ... assuming that may be what your are seeing. Shouldn't be an issue.
  • jak1958
    jak1958 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I've had mine a couple of weeks so still new too but like your doing- I've done lots of research :) No audio that I am aware of (wearing it 24 hours)... I do get vibration for hitting steps, etc. but sound is minimal ... I have call notification turned off so not sure about that. You could test it though if you wanted to use it :)
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I am wearing the fitbit all day and would like to make sure there is no awkward noises/beeping coming from it during inappropriate times. Are there any settings I should be aware of that need to be changed in order to avoid this?

It might depend which Fitbit you have. I have no idea about the Surge, but neither the Flex nor Charge HR make any noise. They both vibrate & illuminate, though.
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    The vibration is very discrete and I don't think anyone else can hear it. About the only thing someone else would notice is the illumination. With the latest firmware update, if you lift your arm up like you're looking at your watch, it turns on the display. Very convenient. Most of the time. At night, as we're settling into bed, I'll sometimes accidentally trigger the display by moving my arm and it seems very bright in a dark room but it is only a minor problem. However, if it will be a problem for you, I believe I saw that you can turn that feature off in settings.